Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday ...... Stealing Snow


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
Seventeen-year-old Snow has spent the majority of her life within the walls of the Whittaker Institute, a high security mental hospital in upstate New York. Deep down, she knows she's not crazy and doesn't belong there. When she meets a mysterious, handsome new orderly and dreams about a strange twisted tree she realizes she must escape and figure out who she really is.

Using her trusting friend Bale as a distraction, Snow breaks free and races into the nearby woods. Suddenly, everything isn't what it seems, the line between reality and fantasy begins to blur, and she finds herself in icy Algid--her true home--with witches, thieves, and a strangely alluring boy named Kai, none of whom she's sure she can trust. As secret after secret is revealed, Snow discovers that she is on the run from a royal lineage she's destined to inherit, a father more powerful and ruthless than she could have imagined, and choices of the heart that could change the fate of everything...including Snow's return to the world she once knew.

This breathtaking first volume begins the story of how Snow becomes a villain, a queen, and ultimately a hero.
I love the twist that Danielle put on The Wizard Of Oz, and cannot wait to see how she twists the Snow Queen. It sounds like a modernized retelling which could be really interesting. Danielle's strength is putting a fresh spin on things, so I am sure this will be no exception.

Expected release date - September 27, 2016

2 comments:

  1. Oooh... I've not heard of this one. It sounds really intriguing and I'm definitely adding it to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read Dorothy Must Die but I want too! I only found out about this one^^ today on another bloggers WoW post but it sounds awesome! I'm always up for a unique retelling! Awesome pick!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...