Saturday, June 8, 2019

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

A lot was revealed this week so this post may end up being a little longer than usual!

BOOKS

Cover For Harley In The Sky by Akemi Dawn Bowman (goodreads)

This caught my attention first with the synopsis. Novels set in a circus of some kind are always intriguing to me. The cover was just recently revealed and I think it's perfect.


The colour scheme really works for me and the view of the reader looking up is striking. The circus tent and shadow work together to give you a sense of what the story is going to be. It's made me even more excited to read it.

Down Comes The Night by Allison Saft (goodreads)

I saw the deal announcement for this book and could not add it to my Goodreads fast enough. It sounds absolutely incredible.
a gothic romance set in a Guillermo del Toro-esque world. The book is about a healer torn between duty and her heart, a soldier broken by his crimes, and the darkness that threatens to consume them.
A gothic romance is exactly what I want to read and I cannot wait to see the world building in this book. This is going to be one of the books I cannot wait to get my hands on in 2021!

TV/MOVIES

Trailer For Carnival Row

Remember how things set in a circus like setting caught my attention? This trailer was also released this week and I am in!



The fantasy mixed with steampunk setting. The forbidden love aspect mixed with the murder mystery (both of which I got from reading more about the show) have only made me more intrigued. Excited to check this one out when it releases on Amazon on August 30th.

Trailer For Ford v Ferrari

I had heard that there was some potential Oscar buzz for this movie and that the studio moved it from its original summer time slot to a more awards season favourable fall one.

The trailer was just released and I think the talk could hold some weight.


Christian Bale looks great, and it certainly looks capable of picking up a few tech nominations. Not sure it is Best Picture worthy but the trailer is promising at least.

Poster For Carnival Row

Along with the above trailer Amazon also released key art for Carnival Row. It leans into the fantasy steampunk vibe the trailer had going on.



This image alone would have made me check out the first episode. I am intrigued and hope it is as good as I am picturing it being.

OTHER

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...