Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday .... A Madness So Discreet


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
Grace Mae knows madness.

She keeps it locked away, along with her voice, trapped deep inside a brilliant mind that cannot forget horrific family secrets. Those secrets, along with the bulge in her belly, land her in a Boston insane asylum.

When her voice returns in a burst of violence, Grace is banished to the dark cellars, where her mind is discovered by a visiting doctor who dabbles in the new study of criminal psychology. With her keen eyes and sharp memory, Grace will make the perfect assistant at crime scenes. Escaping from Boston to the safety of an ethical Ohio asylum, Grace finds friendship and hope, hints of a life she should have had. But gruesome nights bring Grace and the doctor into the circle of a killer who stalks young women. Grace, continuing to operate under the cloak of madness, must hunt a murderer while she confronts the demons in her own past.

In this beautifully twisted historical thriller, Mindy McGinnis, acclaimed author of Not a Drop to Drink and In a Handful of Dust, explores the fine line between sanity and insanity, good and evil—and the madness that exists in all of us. 
This had me sold with the words historical thriller. A young woman helping to hunt a killer while confronting her own demons. Yes, sign me up. I basically became obsessed after this was announced and I cannot wait to read it.

Expected release date - October 6, 2015

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good. Hopefully I'll get the chance to read it.
    My WoW

    I was wondering if there was a reason that you never reply to your WoW comments, nor do you visit blogs that have commented on your WoW. I've been visiting you for YEARS and have never had a response from you. I guess you do things differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra,

      I am horrible at commenting. It is part of my bookish resolutions at the end of the year pretty much every year. It's something I am actively working on and do promise to make more of an effort. I am going to try to do it first thing in the evenings after work to see it helps. I'll be sure to stop by and I do thank you for stopping by my blog.

      Delete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...