Sunday, August 23, 2015

New To My Book Closet


It's that time of the week again. Time to show you what bookish goodies made their way into my home and book closet (to be saved from the evil book eating cat monster named Aria). This is inspired by the various "mailbox" posts out there (eg. In My Mailbox by The Story Siren, and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Reviews).

Lots of amazing things to share this week.

First up is my first #otspsecretsister package! My sister, 'Hermoine', is obviously amazing. The note included was the sweetest and I am really excited to send her a reply back. It's going to be really fun. The cat treats were incredibly thoughtful and Aria is definitely enjoying them. I feel incredibly spoiled, but mostly I feel happy that someone took the time to write me a little note.


Included in the package was 2 kinds of tea, 2 packets of Rolo hot chocolate, a Lindt strawberry chocolate bar, 2 bags of cat treats, Before Sunrise DVD (!!! I love this movie and hadn't gotten myself a copy yet) and a thing of popcorn. Also included was a book I've never heard of but sounds wonderful

The Mark of the Hummingbird (Hummingbird #1) by Jessica Gollub (goodreads)

A huge thank you to 'Hermoine' for this! Looking forward to sending out a letter soon!

I received two eARCs for review


Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn (goodreads)
Escaping Perfect by Emma Harrison (goodreads)

Thank you to Simon and Schuster, and St Martin's Press for these review copies. I am very curious about Escaping Perfect being pitched as Gone Girl meets Nashville (two things I enjoy) and I've heard nothing but amazing things about Firsts.

Lastly, I borrowed one ebook from my public library


When Everything Feels Like The Movies by Raziel Reid (goodreads)

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Bookclub is reading this for our next Skype discussion. It was part of Canada Reads this year (and made it to the finals) and is a Governor General Award winner. I've been wanting to pick it up for quite a while now, so I am excited to finally read it.

What books made their way into your mailbox this week?

Happy Weekend and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...