Saturday, May 7, 2016

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

BOOK

A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer (goodreads)

This is a Beauty and the Beast retelling that sounds amazing! I am really excited for this (which should surprise nobody). I love the idea of someone from 'our' world being transported to this magical cursed world and playing the part of 'Belle'.

Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth cover (goodreads)

I am very intrigued by this new series by Veronica Roth. The sci-fi feel, and potential for hate to love romance is something I am definitely into.

The cover was just recently revealed and it is pretty intriguing too.


Is that gold seeping from the walls? They look like wounds made from a blade and there is something eye catching up that bright colour against the dark background. 

TV/MOVIE

Captain American Civil War

I just got to see this last night and it was pretty amazing. Still firmly #TeamCap after watching it (though the movie did a good job of making you see both sides). The movie broke my heart for so many reasons, most of them due to Bucky Barnes. Sebastian Stan is killing it in this role, and I cannot wait to see what is next for all of these characters. If you are a Marvel movie fan, you'll love this. I think it's probably the best Captain America movie to date. Oh, and the new Spiderman is actually pretty perfect. He and Ant-man are both HILARIOUS in this movie and provide some much needed comic relief during some pretty impressive fight sequences. The introduction of Black Panther was also done really well, and they did a great job casting wise with him too.

OTHER

Book Expo America

I leave for BEA on Tuesday and I am SO excited! I am getting to see friends, meet a bunch of awesome authors, and see a brand new city. It's going to be pretty amazing. As mentioned in my BEA post - the blog should have little to no disruption while I am going so please do check back during the week for reviews and other posts.

What are you obsessed with this week?

1 comment:

  1. That vibrant cover .... I can very much imagine how beautiful it would be in print. I saw Captain America Civil War today ...... not picking a side but it was a pretty awesome movie. Totally loved the introduction of Black Panter and Spiderman.

    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...