Thursday, March 29, 2018

My Lady's Choosing by Kitty Curran and Larissa Zageris



My Lady's Choosing: An Interactive Romance Novel
Authors - by Kitty Curran and Larissa Zageris
Release Date - April 3,  2018
Publisher Website - Penguin Random House
Publisher Social Media - Twitter
Pages -  352 pages
My Rating - 4/5
**received for an honest review from publisher**

Here is the Goodreads synopsis
This scandalous chooseable-path romance novel demands you determine your own romantic adventure-and satisfy all your earthly desires along the way!

Endless scenarios of high romance, deep desire, and quivering...comedy await your tender caress in this chooseable path romance novel. You are the plucky but penniless heroine in the center of 19th-century society, the courtship season has begun, and your future is at hand...

  *  Will you flip forward fetchingly to find love with the bantering baronet, Sir Benedict Granville?
  *  Or turn the page to true love with the hardworking, handsome, horse-loving highlander, Captain Angus McTaggart?
  *  Or perhaps you will chase through the chapters a good man gone mad, bad, and scandalous to know, in the arousing form of Lord Garraway Craven?
  *  Or read recklessly on to take to the continent as the "traveling companion" of the spirited and adventuresome Lady Evangeline?
  *  ...or yet another intriguing fate?

Whether it's forlorn orphans and fearsome werewolves, mistaken identities and swashbuckling swordfights, or long-lost lovers and pilfered Egyptian artifacts, every delightful twist and turn of the romance genre unfolds at your behest! Prepare to open your heart, open your mind, and open-this book.
I loved reading Choose Your Own Adventure books as a child. There was something about the ability to make choices that impacted the story that was very appealing to me. I used to devour any I could get my hands. As you can imagine I jumped at the chance to review a romance version of this when I was offered the opportunity to read My Lady's Choosing.

This is a hard book to review because part of the appeal of this novel is discovering the plot as you go along. It's not really about the plot or writing anyway. It is about the enjoyment that comes out of the reader getting to steer the direction of the story being told. This novel takes it queues from some classic romances story (like Pride and Prejudice and Wuthering Heights for example) but a quick browse through the book shows plenty of other inspiration as well. There are so many different story paths you can embark upon and they range in genre. There seem to be paranormal, standard romantic fare, adventure, and so much more. It is the sheer number of choices that make this novel work for the style it is written in. It allows the reader can pick it up multiple times and experience something new.

The inclusion of a possible female love interest was something I noticed while reading the synopsis. It means those looking for that representation have the opportunity to find that within this novel. I have not read down that path as of yet, so I cannot speak to the story arcs that include it, but feel it is important to mention it exists as a choice that can be made during the coarse of reading this novel.

I have read two different possible paths in order to a fuller experience. They are quick reads, for the most part, and offer plenty of opportunity for the reader to make choices. I noticed that this offers up a more 'tongue-in-cheek' tone to the stories, and that the stories are written in a more humourous way. There is plenty of sexual innuendo and some comical (and sometimes steamy) sex scenes. This is meant to be a book you have fun reading and that is evident in nearly every choice that went into writing this novel. It's the perfect book to pair with some wine as you and your friends take turns make decisions during a Girl's Night. 

If you've ever found yourself wanting to make the decisions for the heroine in that romance novel you are reading then I highly recommend picking up My Lady's Choosing. It's a fun, often funny, twist on the romance novel and one you'll want to share with your friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...