Thursday, July 23, 2020

#2020PopCultureResolution - Halfway Point



As we are halfway through the year I thought it would be a good time to check in with my progress on my #2020PopCultureResolution. 

I have so far managed to read every book and watch each movie that I set out to. I am enjoying it so much that it will return in some capacity next year (same format but the genres are changing).

First up are the books I have read so far. Each links to my review if you are interested.



I enjoyed all of them to varying degrees, and could not pick a favourite between Seduction, Catch and Kill and In Cold Blood. They are all captivating reads that will probably make my Best Of list at the end of the year. Only The Devil In The White City stood out as a bit of a disappointment and that was more for my expectations than anything else. It is a well written read that I am sure others will enjoy immensely.

Next up are the movies that I have watched so far. This has widened the list of movies I want to see and introduced me to some actors whose work I want to continue to watch and directors I am looking forward to working my way through their filmography. They all link to my review.

April - Sabrina
May - Niagara
June - Rear Window

Just like when talking about the books I would have a hard time choosing a favourite. Rear Window is, objectively, the best made of all of them, but A Streetcar Named Desire is certainly right on its heels. All of them are worth the watch though and have sparked a renewed interest in classics for me and I cannot wait to experience more of them.

Here are my initial reactions as shared on Instagram:




I cannot wait to see what the next 6 months brings. There are certainly some choices I am very excited about coming up. I look forward to checking in at the end of the year to see if I could possibly choose a favourite from each list but I am fairly certain it is going to be impossible.

Have you read any of these books/watched any of these movies? If so what did you think? Leave your thoughts in the comments. If you are also filling in some of your own pop culture blind spots this year let me know what you have been reading/watching/etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...