Thursday, November 12, 2020

Secret Movie Club


We might not be able to see movies in theatres right now (mostly because most of them are closed and movies are not releasing) but there is still movie excitement to be found.

I was immediately intrigued by TIFF's Secret Movie Club when I first heard about it and knew I needed to sign up. It is typically held in Toronto and is an in person event but due to the pandemic it has gone virtual and I can take part this year.


As the title may suggest the movies that I will be watching are a secret. It offers seven mystery movies over the next 6 months. That's seven weekends that I will be enjoying a film that is not yet released in theatres or digital platforms in Ontario at the time of the Secret Movie Club screening. It also features interviews with the cast and creatives behind the movies. It seems like a very fun way to still experience the magic of the movies.

The weekends that the screenings will take place are:

 November 27–29

December 18–20

January 15–17

February 5–7

February 26–28

March 19–21

April 16–18

I have no clue what movies may be showcased. I am really hoping that Promising Young Woman is one of them. I'll be posting about my experience with each movie as they are streamed and you can expect that the post will go up early in the week following.

I am excited to see what movies are picked and to see what this whole experience is like and at the very least it is something to look forward to.

If you are in Canada and want to take part yourself subscriptions are available to purchase up until November 25th. If you do decide to join please let me know so we can try to guess the movies together from the clues that will be released. 

Have you taken part in a secret movie (or book) club before? Is this something you would want to try? Let me know all about it in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...