Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Monthly TBR and Wrap Up

I am officially back. I've had a lot going on with a new position at work, some traveling, and just adjusting to everything. It's impacted my reading and my blogging.

There may be a lot of changes coming to the blog as I decide what I want this to be going forward and you can definitely expect some more movie posts as I head to Toronto to experience the Toronto International Film Festival.

I think I am just going to start this with a clean slate since I didn't post one of these for July. 

Before I talk about what August will bring for me reading wise I am going to share what I read since my last wrap up post.


Here is what I managed to read since June:

I'm The Girl by Courtney Summers (goodreads)
Heartstopper: Volume 2 by Alice Oseman (goodreads)
Heartstopper: Volume 3 by Alice Oseman (goodreads)
Lore Olympus: Volume 2 by Rachel Smythe (goodreads)
Clementine: Book One by Tillie Walden (goodreads)

I am going to get back on track with my #PopCultureResolution reading. The books for June and July are Nimona by Noelle Stevenson and The Prince and The Dressmaker by Jen Wag. I have read Nimona and will review it shortly. The August pick is V for Vendetta by Alan Moore. The movies are Sing Street, Cabaret, and Dreamgirls. Expect some posts playing catch up in the next little bit.

Here is what I hope to read in August:



Women Talking by Miriam Toews (goodreads)
Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann (goodreads)
Bones and All by Camille DeAnglis (goodreads)

Next up is an update on my two reading challenges:

I am not doing any new reading challenges this year. My goal is to finish the one from last year so I am posting what I have left to read here. I have made no progress, but hopefully I can scratch these off this summer.

Jan - The Seven Husband's of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Kelly)

Feb - 
The Birthday List by Deveny Perry (Emilie)

Mar - Mouthful of Forevers by Clementine Von Radics (Ciara)

April - Marriage for One by Ella Maise (Katie)

May - Written In The Stars by Alexandria Bellefleur (Christy)

June -  The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M Danforth (Christa)

July - The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (Jess)

August -  The Grace Year by Kim Leggitt (Christa)

Sept - Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi (Meaghan)

Oct -   Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston (Katrina)

Nov - Give Me Your Hand by Megan Abbott (Kim)

Dec - Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney (Julia)

As for the reading challenge inspired by The Bachelor. No progress to report this month, but i am hoping to sneak in one this month. We'll see how it goes. 

1. Happily Ever Afters by Elise Bryant
2. If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy
3. Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli
4. Further to Fall by Catherine Cowles
5. One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston
6. Isn't it Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams
7. My Favorite Souvenir by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland
8. Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli
9. Marriage for One by Ella Maise
10. Exit Plans for Teenage Freaks by Nathan Burgoine
11. Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard
12. Open Book by Jessica Simpson
13. Isn't it Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams

What books are you reading this month? Have you read any of the ones on my list? If so, let me know what you thought in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...