Thursday, December 6, 2018

2019 Most Anticipated - Ashley from Harper Collins Canada


Today I have Ashley from Harper Collins Canada stopping by to take part in my 2019 Most Anticipated Event. Ashley shares the books coming from Harper Collins next year that she thinks should be on your radar! There are some incredible titles on this list so be prepared to add a bunch to your own 'to be read' lists. A huge thank you to Ashley for taking the time to write this post. You can talk about all of these books with the Harper Collins Canada team on Twitter at @hccfrenzy!


Black Enough by Ibi Zoboi (January 8, 2019)
I had the pleasure of meeting Ibi Zoboi at Epic Reads Day this past summer. She is LOVELY to say the least and after hearing her talk about Black Enough and the work that went into making this incredible collection of stories, I couldn’t be more excited! These are stories about what it’s like to be young and black in America. So. Important.

Field Guide to the North American Teenager by Ben Philippe (January 8, 2019)
Everyone in my office and I adored this novel from debut author Ben Philippe. It’s going to be the perfect pick me-up in the middle of the dreary winter! Main character Norris is just so likable and lovely and this novel explores the joys and clichés of the high school experience (of course including falling in love!). I hope you all love it as much as I do!

The Cerulean (January 29, 2019)
New YA duology alert! Not only do I adore the cover of this epic YA fantasy, but the magical world is just brilliant! It follows Sera, a girl who has always felt that she doesn’t belong among her people (the Cerulean) but ultimately ends up having to find the magic within herself to survive. So good you guys, so good.

99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne (January 29, 2019)
We ALL loved The Hating Game and we’ve been anxiously waiting for Sally Thorne’s next novel. Well, she’s finally back with an unforgettable romantic comedy about a twin sister and brother struggling over an inheritance from their late grandmother, and the sexy best friend (/renovation guru) who comes between them…

The Last Romantics by Tara Conklin (February 5, 2019)
Okay. So. Please read this book. If you’re a fan of Commonwealth or The Nest (which if you haven’t read either of those, they are must-reads!), you’ll love this new book from Tara Conklin. It’s a story of four siblings dealing with the loss of their father (to a heart-attack) and their absent mother (to paralyzing depression). It does the perfect job at describing complex or imperfect families and defining love.

On the Come Up by Angie Thomas (February 5, 2019)
HELLO! I JUST FINISHED READING THIS BOOK AND I AM SO EXCITED FOR EVERYONE TO READ IT! Angie Thomas has seriously done it again. Her books and writing are perfection. While this story is different from The Hate U Give, it touches on so many important themes and has an amazing main character, Bri, who is impossible not to fall in love with. It’s an ode to hip hop and a story about following your dreams.

Fame, Fate and the First Kiss (February 5, 2019)
Who doesn’t love Kasie West?! Chase your dreams and follow your heart with Lacey Barnes in this new story from Kasie West, perfect for fans of Jenny Han!

If You’re Out There by Katy Loutzenhiser (March 5, 2019)
I loved this part-mystery part-friendship story so much and am so excited for more from this author. When Zan’s BFF Priya moves away and fails to stay in touch (other than posting on social media), everyone tells Zan to just let Priya do her reinvention thing and move on. But Zan can’t, so she takes the investigation into her own hands.

Opposite of Always (March 5, 2019)
A new one for rom-com lovers in the vein of Before I Fall and Everything, Everything! This #ownvoices romance sends Jack back to the moment him and Kate first met again and again, forcing him to figure out what he’s willing to do to save the people he loves most.

Heroine (March 12, 2019)
This new story from the beloved Mindy McGinnis is set during the opioid crisis. Mickey is a college-bound baseball star, but then she suffers an injury that sends her down a path she never imagined (involving a little white pill). This is a dark but necessary story about addiction, family, and friendship.

Girl, Stop Apologizing (March 12, 2019)
By now we all must know (and love!) Rachel Hollis, am I right? I met her last year and found her so inspiring and just so real! In her new book, Girl, Stop Apologizing she encourages women everywhere to live to their full potential and to stop talking themselves out of their dreams.

The Meaning of Birds by Jaye Robin Brown (April 16, 2019)
Jaye Robin Brown is the author of Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit. I found her new novel, The Meaning of Birds, to be such a touching story about love and loss. Jess and Vivi fall in love, but then Vivi suddenly dies and Jess’s perfect world is erased. For anyone who has experienced grief, this story is about how to become whole again when it seems like you’ve lost the most important part of yourself.

Defy Me by Tahereh Mafi (April 2, 2019)
The fifth book in Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me series is coming, and we are so excited! Are you ready for more from Juliette & Warner because I sure am!!!!!

The Tiger at Midnight by Swati Teerdhala (April 23, 2019)
So, so excited for this other debut fantasy novel from Swati Teerdhala! This South Indian-inspired story follows one rebel girl, Esha, on the mission to assassinate a ruthless general… but then she meets Kunal, a soldier who captures her heart.

Nocturna by Maya Montayne (May 7, 2019)
I’ve only read the first few chapters of this one so far, but I already know I’m going to love this book. It’s the first in an #ownvoices fantasy trilogy about a face-changing thief and risk-taking prince who team up to fefeat a powerful evil that they accidentally unleashed. So. Much. Fun!

The Seven or Eight Deaths of Stella Fortuna (May 7, 2019)
Another adult title for you that I am super, super excited about!

Sarah Dessen’s The Rest of the Story (June 4, 2019)
Confession: I know very, very little about this book right now because I haven’t read it (everything I know is HERE) but I love Sarah Dessen so much, this one is already VERY HIGH on my TBR.

The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai (July 2, 2019)
Alisha Rai offers a sizzling romance story just in time for the hot days of summer! In The Right Swipe (which our in-office book club is reading and LOVING right now), two rival dating app creators find themselves at odds in the boardroom, but in sync in the bedroom… I’ll say no more.

Don’t You Forget About Me by Mhairi McFarlane (July 2, 2019)
Words can’t express just HOW MUCH I love, love, love this book! And so did Marian Keyes, just saying. In Don’t You Forget About Me (yes, that’s a music reference and there are plenty more within the book, too!) Georgina finds herself hired at a bar where her new boss, Lucas McCarthy (AKA best book boyfriend ever) turns out to be the boy who she had a relationship with twelve years ago. The only problem? He doesn’t seem to remember Georgina… at all.

Clearly, I could go on forever and ever about all of the great books, but I’ll stop now so that there are a few surprises as the year continues! I can’t wait to hear what books YOU’RE excited for! Tell me on Twitter @ashleyposluns ☺!

Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...