Friday, December 14, 2018

2019 Most Anticipated - Mayhem



The next, and last, book in my 2019 Most Anticipated event is another one that doesn't have a whole lot of information revealed about it just yet but the premise is so good that I immediately became obsessed with it. It combines The Lost Boys with the Craft and throws in a bit of Manson Family.


Estelle Laure's Mayhem is also set in the 1980's which basically means I have to read it. I love pretty much everything that was included in its deal announcement. 


The deal announcement synopsis for this novel does not reveal a lot but it was enough for me to immediately run and add it to my 'to be read' list on Goodreads.
The Lost Boys meets The Craft with a splash of Manson family for good measure. Set in the 1980s.
I cannot wait to see how this all comes together. It is such an intriguing mix of things that I have incredibly high hopes for this one.

As part of offering up a variety of posts this year, I am going to share my personal top three reasons to be excited about this book!

1 The potential for vampires! Everyone who has seen The Lost Boys knows it is about vampires so the fact that this book is compared to it has me hopeful it might include some. The comparison to The Craft has me pretty convinced it will have some paranormal elements at the very least. 

2 The 1980's setting. I am a sucker for any book set in the 1980's. I love different time periods being explored in novels and since I was influenced by so much 80's culture I have a particular fondness for the 80s.

3 Estelle's website mentions she is 'obsessed with all things 80s, serial killers, and magic'. This book sounds like it could include all three of those and I am honestly here for it. 


Mayhem releases sometime in 2019 and is currently not up for pre-order but be sure to keep an eye out for when it does come available from your favourite retailer.



You can find out more about Estelle by following her on Twitter, visiting her website, and by visiting her publisher website.

Do you love the sound of this mashup as much as I do? What about books set in the 80's? Let me know what you think in the comments.

That also wraps up my 2019 Most Anticipated Event! Let me know what books you are most looking forward to in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...