Thursday, December 13, 2018

2019 Most Anticipated - Waking Romeo



The next book in my 2019 Most Anticipated event is one that doesn't have a whole lot of information revealed about it just yet but the premise immediately caught my attention so I had to include it.


It's a book that combines Romeo and Juliet with Wuthering Heights! Kathryn Barker's Waking Romeo immediately got my attention because of how amazing it sounds for anyone who loves the classics. 


The Goodreads synopsis for this novel sets a futuristic Romeo and Juliet where Heathcliff happens to drop into the story.
Pitched as Romeo and Juliet meets Wuthering Heights, the YA novel follows Jules Capulet who, in a future world, is reeling from the end of her romance with a classmate called Romeo; it has left him in a coma and her as a social outcast. Enter Heathcliff Ellis, a time traveler sent on a mission to wake Romeo.
I wonder how this is going to come together. It's ambitious and I cannot wait to find out more details as they are revealed. The official synopsis won't be released until the book is officially scheduled a publication date but I am happy to speculate in the meantime.

As part of offering up a variety of posts this year, I am going to share my personal top three reasons to be excited about this book!

1 Vampires!! I have been wanting paranormal to make a comeback and vampires are a particular fave of mine. They are sexy and these vampires sound vicious which is just a bonus. 

2 The New Orleans setting immediately drew me to this one. I fell in love with New Orleans when I visited and cannot wait to read a story set in this city. The vampires element only adds something extra to the setting because of the vibe New Orleans has. 

3 The murder mystery is another reason I cannot wait to get my hands on this one! I cannot wait to follow Celine as she gets further and further pulled into the sinister events happening in the city. I also love that this is a series and that not all the answers may not be giving in this first installment! 


Waking Romeo releases sometime in 2019 and is currently not up for pre-order but be sure to keep an eye out for when it does come available from your favourite retailer.

I also was not able to find any social media for Kathryn, but be sure to check out her profile on Goodreads. The book will be publishers by Flatiron (a Macmillan imprint) so you can follow them for more info.

Do you love the sound of this mashup as much as I do? Let me know what you think in the comments.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to for the last book on my 2019 most anticipated list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...