Thursday, December 5, 2019

2020 Most Anticipated - The Falling In Love Montage


The next book on my 2020 most anticipated list is all about rom-coms ... well parts of them.


The book features dates that are inspired by the montages of couples falling in love that are in romantic comedies and it sound absolutely adorable and fun.

I am excited to feature The Falling In Love Montage by Ciara Smyth as part of this feature! 


The Goodreads synopsis for this novel sets up what sounds like one of the must read contemporaries releasing in 2020. 
Saoirse doesn’t believe in love at first sight or happy endings. If they were real, her mother would still be able to remember her name and not in a care home with early onset dementia. A condition that Saoirse may one day turn out to have inherited. So she’s not looking for a relationship. She doesn’t see the point in igniting any romantic sparks if she’s bound to burn out.

But after a chance encounter at an end-of-term house party, Saoirse is about to break her own rules. For a girl with one blue freckle, an irresistible sense of mischief, and a passion for rom-coms.

Unbothered by Saoirse’s no-relationships rulebook, Ruby proposes a loophole: They don’t need true love to have one summer of fun, complete with every cliché, rom-com montage-worthy date they can dream up—and a binding agreement to end their romance come fall. It would be the perfect plan, if they weren’t forgetting one thing about the Falling in Love Montage: when it’s over, the characters actually fall in love… for real.
Saoirse and Ruby are, of course, totally going to fall in love. I am excited to see what rom-coms will be featured, and the angst that will, inevitably, come from this sure to fail plan of not falling in love.

Ciara graciously took some time to answer my questions about her book, and made me want to watch a whole bunch of my favorite romantic comedies in the process.

1. What gif best describes The Falling In Love Montage?


2. If someone were to make a signature ice cream in honour of your book, what might be included?

The Falling in Love Montage is set by the beach so it would have to be a 99


3. Your book revolves around dates that are inspired by classic rom-com movie montages. Can you tease one of the movies included?

So many movies are included but the first one, the one that inspires the whole Montage plan is Four Weddings and a Funeral.

4. Name a song you listened to for inspiration while writing this novel?

I didn't listen to music but I did sometimes listen to beachy wave sounds while I was writing to get in me in the seaside mood!

5. If you could travel to anywhere, in any time period, when and where would you want travel?

I always want to know exactly what happens. I sometimes even look up the plot to a movie I'm watching to see what happens ahead of time. So I'd want to travel to 2060 or something like that so I could ask future Ciara to tell me how everything worked out.

6. What 2020 release are you most anticipating?

There are so many I am excited for and I would love to list them all but another Irish rom-com coming in 2020 is The Henna Wars by Adiba Jaigirdar and I can't wait to read it.

7 If not too spoilery, can you share the first line of The Falling In Love Montage.

I don’t believe in love at first sight or soul mates of any of that guff you see in the movies.


This sounds like a very cute, but also potentially emotional, read that will be exactly what young adult contemporary fans are looking for in the summer.

The Falling in Love Montage releases June 9, 2020 but you can pre-order it right now from any retailer so that it is delivered in time for your summer reading.

You can find out more about Ciara by following her on Twitter. You can also find out more about her books on the publisher website

Do you enjoy young adult contemporary novels? What about watching romantic comedies? Let me know in the comments.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to for the next book on my 2020 most anticipated list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...