Monday, December 2, 2019

2020 Most Anticipated - The Princess Will Save You


The next book on my 2020 most anticipated list turns the damsel in distress trope on its head in a really fun sounding way. It also happens to be inspired by a cult classic movie.


I am, of course, referring to The Princess Will Save You by Sarah Henning! It takes its inspiration from The Princess Bride except the princess is going to save her stable boy!


The Goodreads synopsis for this novel is pretty much made to make fans of The Princess Bride want to get their hands on this immediately.
A PRINCESS
A STABLE BOY
A QUEST

When her father dies, Princess Amarande is given an ultimatum: Marry the leader of one of the four neighboring kingdoms, or lose her crown—and possibly her life. And to force her hand, her beloved, the stable boy Luca, is kidnapped.

But Amarande was raised to be a warrior, not a sacrifice.

And nothing will stop her from saving her true love and rescuing her kingdom.

The acclaimed author of Sea Witch turns the classic damsel-in-distress tale on its head with this story of adventure, identity, and love.
I am entirely here for the princess saving her true love this time. It's something I want more of in novels and I am so glad Sarah Henning is giving us this story.

Sarah has very kindly agreed to answer some questions for me, and shares a little bit more about her book, and designs some pretty yummy sounding ice cream as well.

1. What gif do you think describes The Princess Will Save You?

A Princess Bride gif, of course!


2. If someone were to make a signature ice cream in honour of your book, what might be included?

Lemon cake is a nostalgic item for both my main character, Princess Amarande, and her best friend/true love, Luca. So maybe a vanilla ice cream with veins of lemon curd and swirls of buttercream-type frosting. Okay, now I’m hungry!

3. The Princess Will Save You has been compared to a gender swapped The Princess Bride. What about that classic story inspired you to write this novel?

That is exactly what it is! Honestly, I love, love, love The Princess Bride, but I was always frustrated that headstrong Buttercup didn’t actually do much to change her own fate. And the one time she does, she takes a dagger before the wedding and would’ve ended herself if not for Westley intervening. During that scene, I always wished that Buttercup would take that dagger and go get revenge on Humperdink. She obviously never does, so I decided I’d write the type of character who would. Amarande will do anything to get Luca back when he’s stolen away as blackmail for her to marry another, including hunting down the culprits, saving him (duh), and getting her final revenge. Of course, nothing goes as she planned.

4. Name a song you listed to for inspiration while writing this novel?

“That One Moment” by OK GO speaks to me so much when I think of this book.

The video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvW61K2s0tA

5. What 2020 release are you most anticipating?

There are soooo many! But I think two that I’m most excited for are debuts by longtime local writer friends of mine. By The Book by Amanda Sellet and Crownchasers by Rebecca Coffindaffer. I’m soooo thrilled readers will be able to check out these super talented writers in 2020!

6. If not too spoilery, can you share the first line of The Princess Will Save You

The whisper and clang of steel rang out over the foothills of Ardenia, a princess and a pauper meeting swords.


I can only hope the novel will have its own version of the iconic 'as you wish' line. I am also excited to see how Sarah makes this story her own. 

The Princess Will Save You releases July 7, 2020 but you can pre-order it right now from any retailer (and will be a perfect summer read).

You can find out more about Sarah by following her on Twitter, and by visiting her her website. You can also find out more about her books on the publisher website

Do you love fantasy books? What about The Princess Bride? Let me know in the comments.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to for the next book on my 2020 most anticipated list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...