Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday ... The Heir Affair


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is The Heir Affair by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan

** Potential Spoilers For The Royal We **


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
Making it up the aisle was the easy part: After marrying the heir to the throne, Rebecca “Bex” Porter must survive her own scandals as she adjusts to life in the glamorous British royal family, in this “highly anticipated” follow-up to The Royal We, the “fun and dishy” bestseller and NYT Summer Reading List pick inspired by Will and Kate’s romance (People).

After a scandalous secret turns their fairy-tale wedding into a nightmare, Rebecca “Bex” Porter and her husband Prince Nicholas are in self-imposed exile. The public is angry. The Queen is even angrier. And the press is salivating. Cutting themselves off from friends and family, and escaping the world’s judgmental eyes, feels like the best way to protect their fragile, all-consuming romance.

But when a crisis forces the new Duke and Duchess back to London, the Band-Aid they’d placed over their problems starts to peel at the edges. Now, as old family secrets and new ones threaten to derail her new royal life, Bex has to face the emotional wreckage she and Nick left behind: with the Queen, with the world, and with Nick’s brother Freddie, whose sins may not be so easily forgotten — nor forgiven.
The Royal We was one of my favourite books the year it came out and I still recommend it to people whenever they ask me about books they should read. I was incredibly excited to find out that a sequel was going to released in 2020 and that it seems to be continuing right after the events of the first novel.

I loved the character of Freddie and am thrilled he will be back, but I am also very nervous about this secret that is being mentioned. Readers of the first book will know what it might be and if I am right I expect this book will be filled with plenty of angst.

It is going to make a great summer read and I anticipate it'll be spotted on beaches and airplanes everywhere as people bring it along on their summer vacations.

Expected release date - June 16, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...