Friday, December 13, 2019

2020 Most Anticipated - Kim from Pingwing's Bookshelf



Today's post continues the posts where others share what books they are anticipating in 2020. My friend Kim, who blogs over at Pingwing's Bookshelf, shares her list today to close out this year's event.

I'm already excited about 2020! I love thinking ahead to a new year, planning the things I want to do on the blog, the books I want to read, and the feeling of possibility and optimism that, to me, the new year signifies.

When it comes to books, there are so many 2020 releases that I'm excited about! Here are 10 2020 releases that I can't wait to read:

1. Harrow the Ninth (The Locked Tomb #2), Tamsyn Muir (out June 2, 2020) - I've already preordered this book, which is the sequel to  my favourite read of 2019, Gideon the Ninth. This book promises more necromancers and skeletons and murder, and as it focuses on my favourite character from book one, you can be certain that I'll be reading this as soon as it shows up at my door!

2. Deathless Divide (Dread Nation #2), Justina Ireland (out February 4, 2020) - I loved Dread Nation, and I've been eagerly waiting for this sequel!

3. The Return, Rachel Harrison (out March 24, 2020) - I am a big mystery/thriller reader, and I've already been hearing great things about this one.

4. Bridge of Souls (Cassidy Blake #3), Victoria Schwab (out February 1, 2020) - Victoria Schwab is my favourite author, and I've been really enjoying this middle grade series about a young girl who can see ghosts - and who's best friend is a ghost.

5. The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue, Victoria Schwab (out in 2020) - We will be blessed with two Victoria Schwab books in 2020, and I absolutely cannot wait to read this one! I've been following Victoria on social media for a long time and she has discussed this book and the writing of it over the years, and I can't believe it will be a real book in the world soon! I know Kathy has already written an entire post about this one, so go read that so you can get excited for it too!

6. Home Before Dark, Riley Sager (out July 7, 2020) - I've enjoyed each of Riley Sager's previous books to varying degrees, so I knew I was going to read whatever he put out next, but when I read this premise, the book jumped up on my most-anticipated list. I love scary stories and books about stories, so this definitely sounds like my kind of read. And it makes me think of Marisha Pessl's Night Film, which I loved.

7. Girls Save the World in This One, Ash Parsons (out April 14, 2020) - I was already drawn in by that title, but Shaun of the Dead meets Clueless?? Yes please!

8. We Are the Wildcats, Siobhan Vivian (March 31, 2020) - I really like Siobhan Vivian's books, and this one sounds so intriguing.

9. Blood Countess, Lana Popovic (out January 28, 2020) - "A historical YA horror novel based on the infamous real-life inspiration for Countess Dracula" OK that sounds awesome!

10. Chosen Ones, Veronica Roth (out April 7, 2020) - Veronica Roth's first adult novel sounds incredible. It follows a group of five people who, as teens, defeated an enemy called The Dark One, and became heroes. But years later, one of them dies and when the rest of them come together to mourn, it turns out The Dark One might not really be gone...I cannot wait to get my hands on this one!

So there you have it - ten of my most anticipated 2020 releases. I'm fortunate to have some of them in ARC format, so I'll be reading a few of these over my Christmas holidays.

It was so hard to keep this list to ten, but writing this has made me even more hyped up to read these books. Thank you Kathy for giving me the chance to flail with excitement about books!!!

A huge thank you to Kim for participating in this. There are so many amazing sounding books on her list as well. 

That's a wrap on my 2020 most anticipated event this year! Let me know what books you're looking forward to in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...