Sunday, March 1, 2020

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every weekend.

BOOKS

Cover for Meet You In The Middle by Devon Daniels (goodreads)

Berkley has been absolutely killing it with their romance novels lately and I am really excited for this one that deals with politics and boats a really cute cover.


This book has a fall release so it'll be a bit of a wait, but if Berkley's track record is any indication, it is going to be worth the wait.

MOVIES/TV

Candyman Trailer

I enjoyed the original Candyman a lot and was excited when I heard that Jordan Peele was involved in a sequel/reboot of sorts. Nia DaCosta is directing and the trailer looks amazing.


There is so much going on in this trailer. We have that incredible remix of Say My Name by Destiny's Child. It is a perfect use of a song in a trailer. Definite goosebumps were happening. We also have the confirmation that the original Candyman Tony Todd is reprising his role. There is no mistaking his recognizable voice. There is also more than just that linking it to the original however as we do see another original cast member (who I assume is reprising their role as well). The trailer is slick, tense and pretty much ensures people will be interested in seeing it when it releases in the summer.

American Horror Story Season Ten Cast Announcement 

Ryan Murphy recently shared a video on his Instagram that announced the cast of the upcoming season of American Horror Story.

First, the big news is that Sarah Paulson and Evan Peters are set to return. They are huge fan favourites so people are excited. A moody shore line and Orville Peck's Dead of Night set the tone for the announcement and, I presume, the season.



I, however, am more excited by the reveal that Macaulay Culkin is joining the cast! He feels like such a natural fit for a Ryan Murphy show that I am surprised it has taken this long for Ryan to get him to appear in one. The return of Finn Wittrock is also very exciting for me (which surprises nobody). This cast is one of the few to get me really excited since the Hotel cast was announced. It's just such ridiculously good casting. I need to know the theme and other details immediately.

Shadow and Bone Netflix Series

The first season of Shadow and Bone has finished filming and Netflix has graced us with this really fun cast video. I love it.
I particularly love that Ben Barnes does not say who is he playing (even though we all know) and the very obvious 'Bad Guy' sign by what I am assuming is his trailer. I love that they are blending both the Shadow and Bone series with the Six of Crow series and the casting is PERFECT.

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...