Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Waiting On Wednesday .... Grown


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is  Grown by Tiffany D Jackson


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
Korey Fields is dead.

When Enchanted Jones wakes with blood on her hands and zero memory of the previous night, no one—the police and Korey’s fans included—has more questions than she does. All she really knows is that this isn't how things are supposed to be. Korey was Enchanted’s ticket to stardom.

Before there was a dead body, Enchanted was an aspiring singer, struggling with her tight knit family’s recent move to the suburbs while trying to find her place as the lone Black girl in high school. But then legendary R&B artist Korey Fields spots her at an audition. And suddenly her dream of being a professional singer takes flight.

Enchanted is dazzled by Korey’s luxurious life but soon her dream turns into a nightmare. Behind Korey’s charm and star power hides a dark side, one that wants to control her every move, with rage and consequences. Except now he’s dead and the police are at the door. Who killed Korey Fields?

All signs point to Enchanted.
This immediately caught my eye because of the striking cover. I love how bright and vibrant the colour scheme is.

I immediately needed to get my hands on this book the second I read the synopsis. I love the idea of a bit of a murder mystery mixed with some social commentary. I believe it may even have some real world inspiration (the Surviving R Kelly documentary).

I am definitely looking forward to curling up with this one in the fall when it releases! Join me in waiting by preordering and adding it your Goodreads if you haven't done so already.

Expected release date - September 15. 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...