Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Books I Want Made Into A Movie (or TV Show)....




I made a list of these awhile ago. That list still applies, however I've read some amazing books lately. Books that I would LOVE to see turned into a movie. Some of my previous choices have even made it onto this list again (Let’s consider those books that MUST be turned into a movie).

Here are the 10 books I would want to see made into a movie (or TV show) right now…..

1 The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein series by Kenneth Oppel

A dark, adventure filled plot that would translate into an action packed movie. The characters and the entire plot gave me the same feeling as when I read Harry Potter - almost like it was made to be turned into a movie.

2 The Mara Dyer series by Michelle Hodkin

This series has quickly become one of my favourites. The insane twists would play out amazingly on screen. The steamy romance between Noah and Mara would require chemistry between the two actors to portray accurately, but I would love to see it come to life.

3 Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

With many twists and turns that would make an incredible movie. A tense look at a messed up relationship, Gone Girl would play out wonderfully with the right actors. Luckily this one is in the early stages of being adapted for the big screen, and I can't wait.

4 The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare

Now that The Mortal Instruments is on it's way to becoming a huge hit at the box office, I immediately thought this should become a movie. I would love to see Jem, Tessa and Will brought to life. I would love for the same director, team to be involved with this one as well. The historical aspect also makes it appealing for adaptation.

5 Immortal City by Scott Speer

While reading this book, I could see the potential for a TV show or movie. It read like it was made to be a CW show. The crime noir feel would translate really well. The glitz and glamour of Hollywood contrasted with the darker side of Los Angeles would also be striking on screen.

6 Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

I would love to see the setting of this come to life. The Debauchery Club would be electric. The fashion, the scenery, and characters could be visually stunning if done the right way. It has the potential to be one of the most beautifully shot movies with the right director as well.

7 From What I Remember by Stacy Kramer

This reminded me a lot of those fun 80's teen romantic comedies. A teenaged spin on the popular Hangover movies, with a coming of age element dealing with saying goodbye to highschool. A fun cast of characters would also play out well on screen.

8 Cinder by Marissa Meyer

This has to be a movie. My request for this one? Joss Whedon as director. He would do wonderful things with this genre and these characters.

9 Black City by Elizabeth Richards

The world of Black City would look amazing on screen. The heavy political aspect of the novel would allow for lots of tension and action. The sensual nature of the Darklings, and Ash in particular would provide the romance element. My only request is Ezra Miller for Ash!

10 Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

This novel is begging to be turned into a movie. Romance, action, and shades of the X-Men series assures that this will be a hit with movie goers. I only hope that Tahereh's beautiful writing style comes across cinematically as well as it does in the novel.

2 comments:

  1. oOh man, awesome list! INFERNAL DEVICES! YES PLEASE!! TEAM JEM! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gone Girl for sure. The rights for Black City has been sold long before its published so let's hope that the development process doesn't fall apart.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...