Monday, December 5, 2016

2017 Most Anticipated - Raincoast Books


Today I have Melissa visiting from Raincoast Books to share a some of her most anticipated titles of 2017. There is zero overlap with any of my own personal selections so it will help round out the books on your to be read list.

A huge thank you to Melissa for being her usual lovely self and agreeing to write this up!


2017 Most Anticipated Books
2017 is going to be another incredible year for books, and I know my TBR pile has been steadily increasing. While it’s always difficult to narrow it down, here are 5 YA titles that I’m highly anticipating:
The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
See more about this book on Goodreads.
THIS BOOK. I can barely talk about this book without wanting to jump up and down with delight. All of my colleagues (and anyone who participated in Raincoast’s TeensRead Preview) have seen my excitement over this book first hand. The Inexplicable Logic of My Life is Benjamin Alire Sáenz’s first novel since the highly acclaimed Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, and it is another gorgeous story that offers a realistic glimpse of teenagers who are trying to find their place in the world while dealing with everything that life throws at them. You can’t help but fall in love with these characters, and I hope that everyone loves this book as much as I do.
Caraval by Stephanie Garber
See more about this book on Goodreads.
Kathy mentioned this book during her last Most Anticipated event, but I am just going to reiterate her points! This book features a magical setting, a strong bond between sisters, an intriguing love interest, and very real danger—what’s not to love? Stephanie Garber crafts a beautiful and compelling story that will have you swept away in the magical world of Caraval.
Piper Perish by Kayla Cagan
See more about this book on Goodreads.
When Chronicle Books first introduced this book to us at our sales conference, one of the first things they mentioned is how much the story resonated with everyone who read it, which (of course) immediately caught my attention. This book is a debut from author Kayla Cagan and tells the story of Piper as she navigates her last year of high school, her friendships, and her passion for art and artistic expression.
The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
See more about this book on Goodreads.
“Let me be clear: I never intended to raise my brother from his grave…” As soon as I read this opening line of The Bone Witch, I knew this is one that I would want to read. While I still haven’t had a chance to read it, I am incredibly excited for this book! Featuring powerful magic, danger, and emotional stakes—according to the author, they all literally wear their hearts around their necks—this is definitely one to check out in March!
Because You Love to Hate Me: 13 Tales of Villainy, edited by Ameriie
See more about this book on Goodreads.
This is a short story anthology about VILLAINS. Need I say more?! In case that fact alone didn’t convince you, this book pairs some incredible authors and YouTube Book Reviewers as they each write a short story from a villain’s point of view. Contributing authors include: Renée Ahdieh, Ameriie, Soman Chainani, Susan Dennard, Sarah Enni, Marissa Meyer, Cindy Pon, Victoria Schwab, Samantha Shannon, Adam Silvera, Andrew Smith, April Genevieve Tucholke, and Nicola Yoon. So, I’m just saying that you should probably add this to your TBR list immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...