Tuesday, December 6, 2016

2017 Most Anticipated - Romancing The Throne




The next book on my 2017 Most Anticipated list is a book in which two sisters meet and fall for the same guy. If that were not complicated enough, there is another twist to this drama filled situation - the guy in question just happens to be a Prince. Yup, a PRINCE!


A novel that is inspired by both Anne and Mary Boleyn, and Kate and Pippa Middleton (except Pippa never dated William).


The Goodreads synopsis not only hints at the delicious drama that will unfold within these pages but also alludes to the fact that sisterhood is stronger than any guy. The sisterly bond is one of elements I am most excited for, and the complication that arises when they both are into the same guy, and this novel seems to promise both in equal measure.
For the first time ever, the Weston sisters are at the same boarding school. After an administration scandal at Libby’s all-girls school threatens her chances at a top university, she decides to join Charlotte at posh and picturesque Sussex Park. Social-climbing Charlotte considers it her sisterly duty to bring Libby into her circle: Britain’s young elites, glamorous teens who vacation in Hong Kong and the South of France and are just as comfortable at a polo match as they are at a party.

It’s a social circle that just so happens to include handsome 17-year-old Prince Edward, heir to Britain’s throne.

Charlotte’s had her eye on Edward, and soon they’re snogging all over the campus lawn and common rooms—while Libby busies herself with settling into her studies and navigating the complicated social code of Sussex Park. Eager to put her sister at ease, Charlotte encourages Libby to hang out with her new boyfriend. And much to everyone’s surprise, Libby and Edward hit it off.

Actually, they really hit it off.

In this juicy, contemporary girl-meets-prince story, two sisters find themselves at odds over the same boy amid high-society expectations and paparazzi scandals. In the end, there may be a price to pay for romancing the throne . . . and more than one path to happily ever after. 
Nadine was kind enough to take some time to chat with me about this royal triangle and, if possible, she's made me even more excited to read this one.

1 Describe Romancing The Throne in three words

Sisters before misters

2 If someone were to make a signature ice cream in honour of your book, what might be included?

Rocky Road (like the path to happiness and forgiveness for Charlotte and Libby!) plus some rose gummies (because, man, do those boarding school kids like to drink);

3 Your book revolves around two sisters competing for the heart of a Prince. Did any fictional or real life sisters provide inspiration? 

As far as real life sisters, obviously Kate and Pippa were a big inspiration - they have such a supportive, tight-knit relationship and I find it fascinating. Pippa’s one of Kate’s only true confidants, and so she’s privy to many of the secrets behind the throne. I thought a lot about Anne and Mary Boleyn while writing, too: the idea of dating somebody and then having him stolen out from underneath you by your own sister. I’ve had a lot of early readers express (happy!) surprise that the main love story in romancing the throne isn’t actually between Charlotte and Edward or Libby and Edward, but actually between Charlotte and Libby. It’s ultimately a story about the bond between sisters and how that comes before any guy, Prince or not.

4 Name a song you listed to for inspiration while writing this novel (if you didn't listen to music let me know and I can quickly send another question)

This is so embarrassing—not to mention jarring, considering the material!—but I listened to Eminem’s Lose Yourself whenever I felt creatively blocked and needed a jolt. It works every time!

5 If you could travel to anywhere, in any time period, when and where would you want travel?

I’d love to be in France in the 1920’s, ideally in the South of France with Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, and Gerald and Sara Murphy. Those people seriously knew how to throw a party.

6 What 2017 release are you most anticipating?

It’s hard to pick just one! The 2017 releases I’m especially excited for are The Hate U Give, Caraval, and #Famous.

7. If not too spoilery, can you share the first line of Romancing The Throne

My serve has been my secret weapon ever since I mastered it at Wimbledon junior tennis camp two years ago.


The 'sisters before misters' description made my heart swell with happiness and giggle. I cannot wait to meet Charlotte and Libby.

Naturally, the other thing that caught my eye was rosé gummies! I was curious about what they were and had to Google them. Turns out they are delicious sounding gummies that are infused with rosé wine. Big surprise that I need to try them, right?

Sugarfina has them and I highly recommend checking them out. Thanks to Nadine I intend to buy some next time I am in New York City.


Romancing The Throne is scheduled for release on May 30, 2017! It has all the makings of a perfect summer treat (complete with the above ice cream, naturally).

You can pre-order it so it'll be ready for that June beach bag at your favourite retailer.


You can also follow Nadine on Twitter, visit her website, and the publisher website for more details about Romancing The Throne.

Are you a contemporary young adult fan? Are you a fan of books that feature a member of royalty as the love interest? Let me know in the comments.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to find out the next book that made this year's list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...