Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Waiting On Wednesday ... King Of Fools


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is King Of Fools by Amanda Foody

**Spoilers For Ace Of Shades**


Here is the Goodreads synopsis 
Indulge your vices in the City of Sin, where a sinister street war is brewing and fame is the deadliest killer of them all...

On the quest to find her missing mother, prim and proper Enne Salta became reluctant allies with Levi Glaisyer, the city’s most famous con man. Saving his life in the Shadow Game forced Enne to assume the identity of Seance, a mysterious underworld figure. Now, with the Chancellor of the Republic dead and bounties on both their heads, she and Levi must play a dangerous game of crime and politics…with the very fate of New Reynes at stake.

Thirsting for his freedom and the chance to build an empire, Levi enters an unlikely partnership with Vianca Augustine’s estranged son. Meanwhile, Enne remains trapped by the mafia donna’s binding oath, playing the roles of both darling lady and cunning street lord, unsure which side of herself reflects the truth.

As Enne and Levi walk a path of unimaginable wealth and opportunity, new relationships and deadly secrets could quickly lead them into ruin. And when unforeseen players enter the game, they must each make an impossible choice: To sacrifice everything they’ve earned in order to survive...

Or die as legends.
Ace of Shades, the first book in The Shadow Game series, was so much fun that I was eagerly anticipating anything relating to the sequel.

The synopsis and cover of the second book as been released and I am even more excited to read it. I am looking forward to Levi and Enne's continuing relationship. I am also looking forward to diving further into the seductive city that is New Reynes.

The next book may not come out until April of 2019 but that just everyone time to devour the first book and join me in waiting for what is sure to be an amazing sequel.

Expected release date - April 30, 2019

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that DOES seem like a really long wait! I hope you enjoy this book just as much as the first.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...