Saturday, February 23, 2019

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

There have been quite a few exciting things released this week (mostly television and movie related)! A few trailers that look promising and some announcements of things to come that have piqued my interest.

MOVIES/TV

Ryan Murphy's Hollywood

Ryan Murphy recently announced on his Instagram that he'll be creating a show titled Hollywood for Netflix. He calls it a 'love letter to the Golden Age of Tinsletown'. This has so much potential and I cannot wait for more details (and casting news).

The Dirt Trailer

Netflix's The Dirt tells the story of 80's rock band, Motley Crue. It's based off the autobiography of the same name. The trailer was just released and it looks promising.


A lot of my musical influences are 80's rock bands so this immediately piqued my interest. It premieres on Netflix next month and I will definitely be checking it out once it releases.

Rocketman Trailer # 2

I am not even sure what it is about both of the trailers released for Rocketman but they have made it become one of my most anticipated of the year.

This second trailer really showcases the incredible job Taron Egerton has done with the role.


I personally think that this second trailer is better than the first. Looking forward to watching this one when it releases in May.

Rocketman Official Poster

The official poster for the Rocketman movie was also released along with the second trailer. I think it captures what the movie's tone is perfectly and I still love that tagline.


OTHER

Disgraceland Podcast Branches Out

I have gushed about the Disgraceland podcast on here before. It's amazing and you should be listening to it if you're not already.

Variety recently announced that creator Jake Brennan will be creating two new podcasts that fit within the same genre of Disgraceland and to say that I am excited would be an understatement.

image copyright @ Jake Brennan

Rocka Rolla will be a serialized podcast that focuses on one subject (with seasons for Phil Spector and Johnny Cash already announced for 2019 and 2020 respectively). The other new podcast, The 27 Club, will debut in 2020 and focus on the infamous members of the 27 Club (famous people who died at age 27). My podcast feed has never been happier.

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...