Thursday, March 21, 2019

Top Ten Books I Hope Are At Book Expo



It is the time of year when I start getting really excited about Book Expo and begin speculating what books might be highlighted at this year's event. I pretty much annoy everyone with how excited I am and how impatient I am for the schedule. I like to plan and plan ridiculously early.

To help deal with this restless time between having signed up and having a schedule to plan my days I decided to do a blog post sharing which titles I hope are there. A list of the titles I am most excited to hear more about and cannot wait to read.

These titles may not end up being featured but I hope it at least helps grow your reading pile.

1. Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo

It's no secret that I am a huge fan of Leigh Bardugo's work. I've loved all of her previous books and always look forward to whatever she is writing next. Her next work involves secret societies which I think is a perfect fit for her writing style. Ninth House is probably the book I most hope will be at Book Expo. 

2. My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell

This book was referred to as a 'feminist Lolita' when it was first announced which immediately piqued my interest. It was just recently named one of the Book Expo Buzz Books selections (which means it will definitely be at Book Expo this year) which has only increased my interest. I have a feeling everyone will be talking about this one upon its release.

3. American Royals by Katharine McGee

Books about royalty are always high on my list. Katharine McGee's newest about an alternate history where America created a royal family when they won the Revolutionary War. It sounds incredible and like a perfect book club read.

4. The Beautiful by Renée Ahdieh

Those of you who, like me, have been dying for vampires to make a come back will want to check out this next book from Renée Ahdieh . It's set in New Orleans, features a murder mystery, and also happens to have a historical setting. It's basically perfect and I hope to be able to read it after getting a copy at Book Expo.

5. Permanent Record by Mary H. K. Choi

A book with a main character who sounds a little like Britney Spears is going to catch my attention. It also happens to sound like a great contemporary young adult read that has a fun romance at its core.

6. Into The Crooked Place by Alexandra Christo

This is teased as a gangster fantasy and I immediately think Peaky Blinders with magic. That alone is enough to make me eager to get my hands on this one. Combine that with the fact that I really enjoyed Alexandra Christo's previous book and it is easily becomes one of the books I am most hoping is at Book Expo.


7. Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell

I was surprised with how much I loved Carry On and could not wait to return to this world. I, like many others, was thrilled when Rainbow Rowell announced  a sequel. I would love to get my hands on it at this year's convention. 

8. Twice In A Blue Moon by Christina Lauren

My love of Christina Lauren books is well known so when I discovered that they have a new one releasing in the fall of 2019 I instantly thought of Book Expo and hoped that it would be there.

9. Waiting For Tom Hanks by Kerry Winfrey

This one is the least likely to be at the convention because it comes out just about two weeks later. I would love for it be there though. It is another adorable sounding romance read that sounds like it'll be a perfect summer read.

10. Neverland by Meagan Spooner

I know nothing about this book other than it is a Peter Pan retelling and it comes out in January. It is unlikely to be at Book Expo (but possible, there has been promotion for books releasing in Janurary and February before) but that doesn't stop me from  hoping it is. I love any kind of Peter Pan retelling and I cannot wait to hear more about this one.

Are any of these books on your radar? Are you going to Book Expo this year? If you are, what books are you hoping will be featured? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...