Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Summer Reading


Winter does not seem to want to leave and as a result I have been daydreaming more and more of summer and all of the poolside reading I am going to get to do. This has, of course, lead to thinking about what books I'll toss into my beach bag this summer.

I am going to share the books I hope to get to this summer and one that I think everyone should have in their own beach bag this year!

Here are the books I hope to get through before the end of summer. There is a bit of everything with a heavier focus on romance/lighter reads as those tend to be what I am drawn to in the summer months.

1. The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren (goodreads)

I always love anything Christina Lauren writes and this one that seems like it has the enemies to lovers trope is high on my must read list.

2. Waiting For Tom Hanks by Kerry Winfrey (goodreads)

This delightful sounding rom-com inspired read basically seems made for summer.

3. The Evil Queen by Gena Showalter (goodreads)

A Snow White retelling from the Evil Queen's point of view that also promises a lot of romance? Yes, please!

4. The Wedding Party by Jasmine Guillory (goodreads)

This is the finale of the Wedding Date series and I cannot wait to devour what is sure to be a fun, sexy read that will be perfect with some decadent ice cream.

5. The Kingdom by Jess Rothenberg (goodreads)

This is described as Serial meets Westworld and that alone is enough to make this a perfect summer read (and that hasn't even taken into account its Disney-ish sounding setting).

6. Whisper Network by Chandler Baker (goodreads)

This #metoo era book sounds like a timely, and important read that focuses on a group of women who take a stand when their boss (who has always been surrounded by whispers about how he treats women) is promoted to CEO.

7. The Real Lolita: The Kidnapping of Sally Horner and the Novel That Scandalized the World by Sarah Weinman (goodreads)

A true crime book had to make this list, and since I'll be reading Stay Sexy and Don't Get Murdered: The Definitive How To Guide way before summer, this is the one I picked. I have heard good things and I'll break up the rom-coms nicely.

8. Getting Hot with the Scot by Melonie Johnson (goodreads)

Another cute sounding read that features a pop culture reporter falling for a Scottish internet star.

9. City Of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert (goodreads)

A love story set in the 1940's theatre world of New York City. I am very intrigued by the description and the time period this is set in.

10. The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher (goodreads)

An older title than the others on this list, but it is one that I have been meaning to get to. A novel about the behind the scenes of one of the biggest movie franchises in history sounds like a great summer read.

All the listed books have links to their Goodreads pages if you want to learn more.

Now, my own personal recommendation for a book that everyone should toss into their own beach bag is one that I absolutely loved. It is also one that I saw everywhere so I anticipate there will not be many of you who haven't read it.


It's Daisy Jones and the Six! I encourage anyone who has not read it to add it to your own summer reading lists. You'll thank me later.

What books are you hoping to read this summer? Do you have any suggestions for books that I should add to me list? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...