Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Secret Movie Club: Movie #6 and 7

It is time for my last Secret Movie Club update! I am going to talk about the last two movies and give my overall thoughts about the program.

The sixth selection was The Courier. A movie that fictionalizes the story of Greville Wynne, a man recruited by MI6 to help transport intelligence during the Cold War.

This is a fairly standard movie of this genre. Benedict Cumberbatch is given a chance to flex his acting skills in the latter half of the movie and he does a fairly solid job as an 'every man' thrust into being a spy.

I am not sure how accurate this movie is since I did not know anything about Mr Wynne and his time with MI6 but I anticipate a few people wanting to fall down the rabbit hole to get more details after watching this.

If you enjoy spy movies I think this will definitely be for you. If that type of movie is not your thing I would recommend skipping it.

You can check out this movie in theatres and via Premium Video On Demand.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The seventh movie selection was Together Together. A heartwarming, sweet story about a man who wants to become a father and the woman who agrees to be his surrogate.

The friendship that develops between these two characters is the heart of this movie. There is something joyful and uplifting about it and it is funnier than I expected. 

There is great chemistry between the two leads and it makes the movie that much more enjoyable.

You can check out Together Together in theatres and via Premium Video On Demand.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now that the event is over I am definitely going to miss it. I had a fantastic time attempting to guess the movies from the clues that were provided (I was usually wrong) and there was something nice about having a surprise to look forward to during this time.

This event is typically an in person event held in Toronto. I would have never been able to take part if it had not gone virtual this year out of necessity. It may have been one of the few good things given to me in a pandemic that took away so much. 

It would be hard to pick a favourite out of the seven movies I watched as I liked various things about each of them. There are some that I liked more than others and I would say that both Minari and Together Together are are the top of my list.

I would take part again if there was a virtual option offered for the 2021-2022 season. It is a fun way to be exposed to movies you may not have watched on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...