Thursday, September 16, 2021

Weekly Obsessions

The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every week. 

BOOKS

Bee Merry by Julie Murphy and Sierra Simone Annoucement

Julie Murphy and Sierra Simone have announced that they'll be releasing a holiday themed romance and it sounds amazing!


They referred to this as a raunch-com in the announcement and I am entirely here for it. I can't wait to get my hands on this and it doesn't come out until 2022 and probably not until fall 2022 to lead into the holiday season. 

MOVIES/TELEVISION

Nightmare Alley Trailer

We're in fall film festival season and that means we're getting a bunch of trailers for movies that are releasing in the later half of the year. 

First up is Nightmare Alley. It's based off the acclaimed book by William Lindsay Gresham. It's directed by Guillermo Del Toro. It's got a very stacked cast. It was basically in the wards conversation as soon as it was announced.


This is most likely going a cinematography nomination. Probably a bunch of other ones too. It's look is stunning and this is an impressive cast. It's a teaser so we can't tell too much from it, but I am definitely intrigued.

Hawkeye Trailer

The MCU television shows offered over at Disney+ have been a perfect distraction during this pandemic and their next offering centers the character of Hawkeye. It's first trailer is DELIGHTFUL!

The magic of setting it during the holidays is evidence. There is something incredibly charming about this entire trailer. Hailee Steinfeld is going to be a great Kate Bishop. I love the humour (seriously, who knew Hawkeye could be this funny) and the way that Hailee and Jeremy Renner play off each other. I think this may be one of the best Marvel television shows (which I definitely did not expect). 

 Don't Worry Darling Date Announcement and First Look 

Olivia Wilde released a first look at her upcoming movie along with its release date. It doesn't come out for over a year at this point, but the excitement has already begun.

Such a fun tease and I am very excited to see a full trailer once it is released. I want to get a better idea of what it is about but I am sold already.

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...