Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Waiting on Wednesday ... Electric Idol

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is Electric Idol by Katee Robert


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
He was the most beautiful man alive.
And if I wasn't careful, he was going to be my death.

*A scorchingly hot modern retelling of Psyche and Eros that's as sinful as it is sweet.*

In the ultra-modern city of Olympus, there's always a price to pay. Psyche knew she'd have to face Aphrodite's ire eventually, but she never expected her literal heart to be at stake...or for Aphrodite's gorgeous son to be the one ordered to strike the killing blow.

Eros has no problem shedding blood. But when it comes time to take out his latest target, he can't do it. Confused by his reaction to Psyche, he does the only thing he can think of to keep her safe: he marries her. Psyche vows to make Eros's life a living hell until they find a way out of this mess. But as lines blur and loyalties shift, she realizes he might take her heart after all...and she's not sure she can survive the loss.
I just recently finished Neon Gods, the first book in this set of companion novels, and I am desperate to get my hands on this one. They're a fun, super sexy retelling of various Greek myths with the first offering up a great Hades and Persephone retelling.

The second book is Psyche and Eros and I am very excited to get their story after what we've seen/heard of them in the first book.

If you like sexy reads and mythology I highly recommend adding this to your reading pile. 

Expected release date - January 4, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...