Monday, January 10, 2022

2022 #PopCultureResolutions


We all have pop culture blind spots. It might be that genre you barely read, or that movie you have been meaning to get to. I have been thinking about the books I read and what my own pop culture blind spots are.  I am going to make an effort each year to help fill some of those blind spots and hopefully make my reading choices more varied and diverse than what I currently consume in the process.

With this goal in mind I launched #PopCultureResolutions.

I haven't read very many graphic novels, but the ones I have read I have mostly enjoyed. I am going to be reading 12 graphic novels throughout the year in hopes of closing that particular blind spot a little bit.

As for movies, I love musicals. There are a definitely some I haven't seen and so I am looking forward to rectifying that in 2022.

My twelve graphic novels are:




My schedule looks like this (and if anyone wants to read any of these as well, I am happy to chat about them). Each of them links to their Goodreads pages for more details.

January - Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity by Kami Garcia, Mico Suayan, Mike Mayhew (goodreads)
February - Lore Olympus: Volume 1 by Rachel Smythe (goodreads)
March - Saga: Volume One by Brian K. Vaughan, Fiona Staples (goodreads)
April -  Heartstopper: Volume One by Alice Oseman (goodreads)
May - Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening by Marjorie M. Liu, Sana Takeda (goodreads)
June -Nimona by Noelle Stevenson (goodreads)
July - The Prince and The Dressmaker by Jen Wag (goodreads)
August - V for Vendetta by Alan Moore, David Lloyd (goodreads)
September - Lady Killer, Vol. 1 by JoĆ«lle Jones, Jamie S. Rich  (goodreads)
October - Mooncakes by Suzanne Walker, Wendy Xu (goodreads)
November - Chilling Adventures of Sabrina by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Robert Hack  (goodreads)
December - Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Zero’s Journey by D.J. Milky (goodreads)

Here are the horror movies I am going to watch for this event:







The schedule for this will be as follows (and again, if anyone else wants to watch and chat just let me know).

January - West Side Story (1961)
February - Funny Face (1957)
March - A Star is Born (1954)
April - On The Town (1949)
May - Funny Girl (1968)
June -  Sing Street (2016)
July -  Cabaret  (1972)
August - Dreamgirls (2006)
September - Anchor's Away (1945)
October - Little Shop of Horrors (1986)
November - Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)
December - Anna and the Apocalypse (2017) 

What are your own pop culture blind spots? Have you read any of the books, or seen any of the movies that I am going to tackle this year? Let know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...