Monday, February 21, 2022

My Favourite Non Romance Novel Love Stories


I have a late Valentine's Day treat as my blog post today. 

February is the month of romance and love. I love romance novels and there is no better time to read them than the month dedicated to all things romance.

I, however, want to focus on those books that have a great love story in them but are not romance novels. These books do not meet the criteria of a romance novel in some aspect but they have a love story that resonated with me.

Here are my top five recommendations:

1. The Idea of You by Robinne Lee 

Hayes and Solène's story is one that has stayed with me long after I read the book. This is one I recommend to people constantly. It's a messy, imperfect, complicated love story and that is part of why I love it so much.

2. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

This entire story really is being told to tell the main love story in it and I ended up loving everything about it. I seems to have a thing for messy, complicated love stories because this also fits those descriptors. 

3. Fable by Adrienne Young

The romance in this one surprised me. I wasn't expecting and it because it is such a small part of the overall plot. Fable and West coming together is something electric and how it all unfolds is incredibly beautiful. There is an underwater scene that I felt every heartbeat of. 

4. Just One Day and Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Lulu and Willem's story is another that has stayed with me long after I have read it. I love how they come together and how much they impact one another. This also happens to be one of the less messy choices I have on this list.  It gets bonus points for igniting my wanderlust. It definitely makes you want to travel.

5. Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Taylor Jenkins Reid has fully earned these two spots on this list. Daisy and Billy's love story is dangerous and filled with longing. The ache of wanting someone and knowing you shouldn't is fully captured within these pages. It leaves the reader with conflicted feelings which is exactly why I consumed by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...