Friday, February 18, 2022

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every week. 

BOOKS

Carrie Soto Is Back by Taylor Jenkins Reid (goodreads)

Taylor Jenkins Reid announced her new book this week and it takes place in the 90s (which is no surprise) and is focused on someone who we got a quick introduction to in Malibu Rising.

It's focus on the tennis star could be interesting, but I am excited to see what the novel will really be about underneath all of the tennis.

MOVIES/TELEVISION

Stranger Things Posters and Release Date

We Stranger Things fans got not only some amazing posters revealed, but an official release date. The fourth season of Stranger Things will be divided into two parts and the first part releases May 27th and the second half will release on Canada Day - July 1st. 




Love these posters and particularly love how they all combine in to one in the final poster that was revealed. Seeing Eleven all on her own in the lab that created so much trauma for her has me very sad for her. I hope she gets to reunite with Mike eventually. The odds are good it'll happen since he is in the 'California' poster.

Elvis Trailer

Two of my favourite movies were directed by Baz Luhrmann and I am always interested in a new film from him. He is tackling the King of Rock and Roll next and has Austin Butler starring in the title role.


Apparently some of the singing in this is Austin Butler as they couldn't use the early Elvis recording for various reasons. He sounds amazing. I am also very impressed by his acting. He, in my opinion, absolutely nails it. I am not sure who is lead and who is supporting between him and Tom Hanks (who is playing Colonel Tom Parker) as I have heard conflicting things, but I could see them both be in early conversations come awards season.

Nope Trailer

Jordan Peele releasing a new horror film is cause for excitement and his newest definitely has caught my attention.  


After watching this I am guessing it involves aliens in some capacity. The internet was buzzing with the possible title being an acronym for Not Of Planet Earth. 

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...