Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mara Dyer Week Post # 6 - My Favourite Quotes


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and The Evolution of Mara Dyer have some pretty awesome quotes. I thought I would share my top list of quotes!

 Quote Number 1.
“What would you do if I kissed you right now?"
I stared at his beautiful face and his beautiful mouth and I wanted nothing more than to taste it. "I would kiss you back."
One of my favourite scenes and in the novel. It stood out to me the second I read it and stayed with me long after I finished the book.

Quote Number 2
"No," I said, louder this time. "I mean asscrown. The crown on top of the asshat that covers the asshole of the assclown. The very zenith in the hierarchy of asses," I said, as though I was reading from a dictionary of modern profanity.
Part of what I love about Mara and Noah's relationship is their ability to keep each other on their toes. Mara matches him banter for banter (and we get hilarious gems like this as a result).

Quote Number 3
“We are far too screwed up for a goddamned love triangle.”
As this is in The Evolution I will not spoil who says it and under what circumstances. I will say that the entire scene is awesome however.

Quote Number 4
"Get a meadow"
The pop culture references are some of my favourite parts of Michelle's books. She loves so many things I enjoy as well so finding these little references is really fun. This line cracks me up right from who says it and to the situation they are in.

Quote Number 5
“You’re stronger than you believe. Don’t let your fear own you. Own yourself.”  
Something about this speaks volumes to me. The entire notion of not letting fear control you, but rather owning yourself and being in control is exhilarating. 

Quote Number 6
“I'll walk forever with stories inside me that the people I love the most can never hear.”  
This, for me, sums up Mara perfectly. Her relationship with those she cares about (namely her family) is changed and challenged by what is going on in her life. This quote reflects how she feels about having it happen, and it's quite a lovely piece of writing.

Quote Number 7
“I twisted my arm to curl him behind me and he unfolded there, the two of us snuggled like quotation marks in his room full of words.”  
This is really beautiful and so descriptive that it brings the image to mind instantly. It's also rather beautiful.

Quote Number 8
"Then you will love him to ruins...”  
There is something haunting about this quote. It made me feel so many things the first time I read it.
Quote Number 9
“My name is not Mara Dyer, but my lawyer told me I had to choose something.” 
A quote that has pretty much become symbolic of the series itself. It captures your interest right away and throws you head first into Mara's world.

Quote Number 10
"I hear her before I see her. She stands in the crowd, her curves wrapped in emerald silk, her dark hair in luscious curls, looking like a pin-up I want to unpin." 
While this is not exactly a quote from the book, it is something Michelle released. A Noah point of view quote that I fell in love with. His voice is quite different from Mara's and there is something so sexy about the entire "pin up I want to unpin" line. Totally swooning.

Leave your favourite Mara Dyer series quote in the comments. I can't wait to see what everyone else loves. I had a hard time picking just 10.

1 comment:

  1. Oh so hard! There were sweet romantic lines from Noah, really witty jibes between Noah and Mara. These books are great!

    “If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them. If we were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one."

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...