Monday, December 9, 2013

Penguin Canada's 2014 Most Anticipated


Today I have Vikki, a Young Adult Marketing Manger, offering up her 2014 Must Read Picks from Penguin
 .

All of her choices sound awesome, and it's no secret that I want to read Rebel Belle immediately.


When a mysterious virus knocks out the electricity and computer systems, Adam’s sleepy suburb is thrown into chaos. This book starts with a bang and never lets up. I found myself wondering what I would do in Adam’s situation, and I ended the book with a few more survival tricks up my sleeve. This is a survival story that will appeal to lovers of dystopian adventure and anyone who has asked themselves the question, “What if…”


After reading this contemporary love story, I have a bit of a crush on Kaz Barrett. He may think he’s an ordinary teenager, but his love for cool odd-ball Zoe, his concern for his mysteriously ill mother, and his sweet way with his little sister make him a standout book boyfriend. Part love story, party mystery novel, this latest offering from award-winning Canuck writer Robert Paul Weston was a refreshing take on first (and second) love.


John Green fans around the world know Esther Earl as the girl who inspired Hazel in TFIOS. This Star Won’t Go Out is a collection of Esther’s sketches, journals, and musings, accompanied by essays and photographs from her friends and family. You will laugh, cry, and be grateful that you got a glimpse into the world of this magnificent person.  


Imagine if Sybil from Downton Abbey starred in her own YA novel and you get the gist of A MAD WICKED FOLLY. After posing nude for an art class, Vicky is sent back to England where she is expected to marry well and forget all about her dreams of being an artist. But Vicky won’t give up on her ambitions, and a fateful encounter with the suffragettes and a handsome young police officer opens a whole new world of possibilities. This historical novel feels contemporary and relevant, offering astounding facts and details about the struggle for the women’s vote.  


This book is being hailed as Buffy goes to Cotillion, and that’s a perfect description. When Queen of the Debutantes Harper Price discovers she is a Paladin, sworn to protect none other than irritating school paper reporter David, much danger and hilarity ensues. You don’t have to love paranormal books to enjoy this clever, funny book that has it’s tongue firmly in cheek. 

Which if these amazing sounding titles do you want to get your hands on? Let me know in the comments. A huge thanks to Vikki for taking the time to share her picks with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...