Saturday, December 14, 2013

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOK

The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen



The ladies from Harper Collins Canada were chatting about this one on Twitter, and I am immediately intrigued. After reading the Goodreads synopsis, I am SOLD! I want to get my hands on this immediately. Emma Watson is already set to star in the movie adaptation of this fantasy series. This is certainly going to be one with buzz going into summer of 2014.

MOVIE/TV

Disney Descendants 


Disney key art for the TV Movie Descendants

It was recently announced that a Disney channel movie would be made that revolved around the son of Belle and Beast  (among other Disney character children). Obviously, I am excited for this. It also has made me want someone to write a series about the children of iconic fairytale characters. Imagine the possibilities for couples, family feuds, and redemption. What if a villain's child fell in love with one of the children of the 'heroes'? I need this to happen. I want someone to write this story, immediately.

OTHER

Ottawa Blogettes Secret Santa

 
My secret Santa got me the most amazing gift! Katie from Bookishly Yours had my name and got me this amazing Peter Pan print (which is framed). I LOVE IT! She also included a 3 pack of Disney Kinder Eggs (totally a theme happening here). I've already thanked her, but again a huge thank you to Katie for this amazing gift! Can not wait to hang it up in my apartment.
So what are you obsessed with this week?

2 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of Queen of the Tearling before, but THAT COVER!! So cool! And holy wow, Emma Watson. Gonna check it out pronto. AND DESCENDANTS!! This is the first time I'm hearing this too, and I'm so excited!! I've been a fan of Disney since forever, and I'm a Disney song fangeek, haha I think I know how to sing about three quarters of all the songs. (I refuse to listen to those like Jungle Book and Aristocat and Toy Story.) And ahhh your secret santa's awesome! Haha, wish we had these kind of things in Singapore.

    Enjoy your gifts, yeah! Haha, cool obsessions this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful print, your friend is awesome for finding such a great gift!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...