Thursday, March 7, 2019

Celebrating International Women's Day



Happy International Women's Day, everyone! I thought I would celebrate by linking to a post I did before highlighting some of my favourite female characters and adding some that I can not believe I left off!

First... go check out my previous post! I am amazed at how accurate that list still is for me. Amy Elliott Dunne, Vanessa Ives, Liv Moore! All of the ones on my previous list still resonate for me and are worthy of celebration. 

Now, here are a few more that I should have highlighted last time as well: 

Buffy (from Buffy The Vampire Slayer)


She was one of the first female characters that really resonated with me. She was small but mighty. She took the trope of someone (or something) stalking the pretty blonde down an alley and turned it on its head. She was one of teen me's heroes and she is a character who still means a lot to me.

Christina Yang (from Grey's Anatomy) 


Christina Yang was brilliant, driven, and unapologetic about it. She also happened to be a really great friend. She didn't let anything (or anyone) stand in the way of what she wanted and refused to diminish her greatness for others. 

Hermoine Granger (from the Harry Potter series)


Hermoine is the type of character who is proud of who she is. She is book smart, a loyal friend, and works hard for her success. She is a character that much younger me would have looked up to and that current me is happy to introduce my nieces to. 

I hope to add Brie Larson's Captain Marvel to the list. I'll be celebrating International Women's Day by going to see Captain Marvel (which I think is entirely fitting).


Who are some of the female movie and television characters that would make your own list? Let me know in the comments. There are so many amazing ones I cannot wait to see who everyone chooses!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...