Monday, March 4, 2019

My Sinemia Experiment: Month Seven



February is known for being a bad month for movies. There tends to not be a lot released and what is released tends to be not very good. Luckily, I managed to see three really good movies this month out of the ones that were released. The three movies I saw in February with my Sinemia account were Isn't It Romantic, Lords of Chaos, and How To Train Your Dragon 3. 


I thought Isn't It Romantic was super fun and just a sweet movie to watch around Valentine's Day. It was hilarious and used the tropes I love in rom-coms while pointing out how ridiculous they actually are. Lords Of Chaos is an interesting movie that I am still working out my feelings towards (expect a review on the blog soon-ish). I binged watched the first two How To Train Your Dragons so I could go see the third with my sister and thought they were well done. Toothless is adorable!

My savings for this month was $29.34 after taking the convenience fees into consideration. This brings my grand total savings up to $163.98 (last month's total was $137.64).  Unless something drastic happens between now and August I am pretty certain I'll be extending my membership for another year. I've had ups and downs with this company but ultimately love how much I am going to the movies and the discount it offers me. 

Now that we're officially done with this Oscar season (where I can confidently say that the wrong movie won Best Picture) I am starting to look forward to the upcoming movies that could potentially be in Oscar contention. I am excited for Little Gold Men (one of my favourite podcasts) to start speculating and letting me know what movies should be on my radar. It looks like another year filled with great movies so I am excited.

Now that I am over halfway through this year long experiment I have been looking back to the beginning and it is almost bewildering to me that I could have ever been as uncomfortable going to the movies on my own as I was when I started using Sinemia. If nothing else, this program has allowed me to grow more comfortable spending time by myself which is pretty amazing. 

The down side to this is that hardly anyone has seen as many movies as I have and I don't have anyone to talk to about them. My friend, Kelly, who does go just as often as I do tends to see different movies than I do. Between the two of us we have them all covered, but it doesn't help with either of us having someone to talk to about them.

Since I am planning my 2019 movie schedule, let me know what movies you are excited to see this year. What movies are already on your must watch list? What ones are you excited to hear more about? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...