Friday, August 5, 2011

Follow Friday/Blog Hops



Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee. It's a great way to meet new blogger friends. This weeks question is:

Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).

The first Harry Potter book. It renewed my love of reading and I am forever thankful for it. JK Rowling created something really magical, and I can't wait to see what she does next.

Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy For Books. It's a great way to meet new people and friends around the blogworld!

Q “What is the one ARC you would love to get your hands on right now?”

There is one that I gladly do almost anything (keyword is ALMOST) for. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. I loved Anna and the French Kiss so much and have been waiting very impatiently to read LOLA.

Happy weekend and Happy reading!

14 comments:

  1. Harry Potter!!! I didn't get into it until maybe the 5th book came out because it was more my bother's thing and he didn't like sharing....but I loved it too!! Great pick!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Harry Potter books have a special place in my heart as well. I think the one I enjoyed reading the most was book three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter is a great choice! I think it sparked something in a lot of people and I LOVED seeing all the kids with the HP books.

    Trish

    {My FF post}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read Ana yet but Lola sounds really good. I cannot wait until it comes out.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I enjoyed Harry Potter more than my kids did. I haven't read Anna & the French Kiss, but I've heard people talk about it.
    Here's my Book Blogger Hop pick:
    http://creativedeeds.wordpress.com/2011/08/05/book-blogger-hop-85-88/

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband was the Harry Potter fan here. One month and one day from today's hop, the book I'm highlighting comes out. Come see which book I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I'm a new follower!

    Great picks!

    I love Harry Potter (who doesn't) and I loved Anna and the French Kiss so I'm really excited about Lola and the boy next door too!

    Did you know the paperback edition of Anna has the first chapter of Lola at the back? I think it just came out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Harry Potter is great, it really made me love books more!

    I hope you're able to get a copy of Lola... I still totally would have sent you mine if I'd known. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christy... Awww you're sweet! I fully intend on getting LOLA as soon as it's in stores...sadly Canada gets it about a week after the US as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I'm your newest follower from the Friday Blog hop! I'd love it if you'd follow back at one or all of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    www.motherdaughterconnecx.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. I love Harry Potter too. I think the third one was when I really fell in love though.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember reading the first HP book in high school and it was so slow to start, I was thinking of stopping!! So glad that I didn't!

    I can't wait for LOLA too. Everyone whose has read it is talking about how good it is, making me even more excited!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lola and the Boy Next Door seems to be on a lot of people's lists, so I am betting it has to be a good one. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...