Saturday, June 15, 2013

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

Night Film by Marisha Pessl

Just finished this late last night, and words cannot even describe how good it is. The writing, the plot, the way everything unfolds. I will not say too much (want to save it for my review) but this book is going to be on a lot of beaches come it's August release date. 

Cover of Her Dark Curiosity by Megan Shepherd



I thought The Madman's Daughter had a pretty cover, but Her Dark Curiosity has outdone even that. It's the dress, the London backdrop, and the way the model stands out against everything. It automatically catches your eye. Needless to say after reading the INTRIGUING synopsis I am dying to get my hands on this book.

Cover of Perfect Lies by Kiersten White



 The sequel to Mind Games has a cover that matches, and is also awesome. I loved the Mind Games cover, and this one is equally eye catching. The synopsis was also released, and it sounds like it'll be an exciting conclusion to this duology.

Cover of Defy by Sara B Larson


The premise of this one caught my attention. Just read the synopsis and you'll be pining too! I love that she disguises herself as a boy to be part of the Prince's guard. The love triangle mention has me a little leery, but if done well they can be a fantastic plot point. I love the mixture of rose with the sword imagery this title uses. It's a nod to the main character, and it's genre.

Cover of Manor of Secrets by Katherine Longshore


I have loved all of Katherine's previous novels, and I can't wait to get my hands on this one. It's been compared to Downton Abbey and I do love historical fiction, especially with a fantastic sounding synopsis. I think this is going to be a fun read.

TV


Primetime Emmy Awards pre-nomination voting

 The ballots to determine who will be nominated at this year's Emmy Awards were made available this past week. I become obsessed with the actual nomination themselves, but this year the pre-nomination voting has caught my attention. There are so many amazing performances that deserved to be recognized. High up on that list for me is Freddie Highmore for his performance as Norman Bates in Bates Motel. He, surprisingly, was put forward in the supporting category. I do think this helps his chances of getting a nomination, but it's a weird choice as his role is pretty much the lead in the series. I can't wait until the official nominations are announced in July.


So what are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...