Saturday, August 20, 2016

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

BOOK

Made For Love by Alissa Nutting

I know about this book other than it is releasing summer 2017. No official synopsis has been released as the publisher catalog has not been released yet. Even with so few details it is still one of my must reads of 2017. I was in awe of Alissa's first book, Tampa, and have been eagerly awaiting her next release ever since. I am expecting the same unflinching, and mesmerizing writing that made Tampa the standout novel it is.

TV/MOVIE

The Lost Boys TV show

I am huge fan of the 80's movie so I was excited when I heard that Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars and iZombie creator) was in talks with the CW network for a television show based on the movie. Reports I've read state that it would be a 7 season plan with each season focusing on a different year, and only the vampire cast remaining the same through the seasons. This sounds amazing and if they did a great job of casting David (I nominate Jason Dohring) and the gang it could be VERY interesting. Especially if it lead up to the events of the movie instead of retelling them.

Stranger Things

I am fairly certain I've mentioned this series before but it deserves a second mention. If you have not already succumbed to its charms do so immediately. It's one of those series that makes you want a second season as soon as you're finished the first. You don't want time to miss these characters because you care about them so much. #WhyBeATenWhenYouCanBeAnEleven

OTHER

HCC Frenzy Event

I am heading to Toronto this weekend for a blogger event hosted by Harper Collins Canada. I am excited to see my fellow bloggers, hear about some great upcoming titles, and chat with the lovely people from Harper Canada. It is going to be a whirlwind of a trip but so much fun!

What are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...