Tuesday, April 24, 2018

What's On The Horizon For True Crime Fans



True Crime Week is officially coming to an end. I thought I would wrap up this special event with some suggestions of books, TV shows, and movies to watch out for in the next year or so. A lot of these do not have definitive release dates, and therefore are subject to change.

1: Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile 

Pretty sure we all saw and freaked out over the pictures of Zac Efron looking scarily similar to Ted Bundy that he posted on his Instagram while filming this movie.


I love that it seems to be focused on the girlfriend he had at the time of his arrest, and her journey to work through those events. It's a different perspective than I thought it would be and it makes me more interested in seeing the movie.

2. Sadie by Courtney Summers (goodreads)

While not directly inspired by real life events I think true crime obsessives will be curious about this book. It's has a Serial like podcast at its core and focuses on the story of a girl named Sadie who went missing attempting to find her sister's killer, and a radio personality who becomes interested in her story and and attempts to find her by retracing her steps.

3. The Staircase

I have not watched the original episodes that make up this true crime documentary, but with the announcement of new episodes coming to Netflix this summer I am going to have to change that immediately.

4. Dirty John 

This popular podcast has turned into an upcoming TV show with Connie Britton and Eric Bana attached to star. I don't know much about this one, except that it involves a con man. I am hoping to listen to the podcast before the TV show starts.

5. The Devil In The White City

Leonardo DiCaprio is set to star as HH Holmes in a movie based on the wildly popular book of the same name. This one is the most likely to be pushed back from 2018/2019 because there hasn't been very many details released, and it has been in development for some time. Here's hoping it makes some progress soon as I think it has the potential to be really good.

6. Theodore: The Documentary 

This is a documentary about Ted Bundry from Celene Beth Calderon. I have heard quite a bit about this documentary and how it is going to have a focus on the victims and their families. I also was impressed that part of their Indiegogo campaign funds were donated to RAINN. It sounds like it could be a well researched documentary and one that I am hoping is released this year. It may be delayed as they are still in the process of filming. You can still check out the details of the documentary on the Indiegogo site even though it is no longer available to pledge money for. 

Anything I missed? Something you're waiting for that is not on my list? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...