Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Waiting On Wed .... An Assassin's Guide To Love and Treason


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is An Assassin's Guide To Love and Treason by Virginia Boecker



Here is the Goodreads synopsis 
When Lady Katherine's father is killed for being an illegally practicing Catholic, she discovers treason wasn't the only secret he's been hiding: he was also involved in a murder plot against the reigning Queen Elizabeth I. With nothing left to lose, Katherine disguises herself as a boy and travels to London to fulfill her father's mission, and to take it one step further--kill the queen herself.

Katherine's opportunity comes in the form of William Shakespeare's newest play, which is to be performed in front of Her Majesty. But what she doesn't know is that the play is not just a play--it's a plot to root out insurrectionists and destroy the rebellion once and for all.

The mastermind behind this ruse is Toby Ellis, a young spy for the queen with secrets of his own. When Toby and Katherine are cast opposite each other as the play's leads, they find themselves inexplicably drawn to one another. But the closer they grow, the more precarious their positions become. And soon they learn that star-crossed love, mistaken identity, and betrayal are far more dangerous off the stage than on.
Virginia Boecker's first series had historical elements to it and I really loved her attention to detail in that series. I was thrilled when I discovered that her next series was going to take some real life historical inspiration and have it set during the reign of Queen Elizabeth I, and the main characters are performing William Shakespeare's newest play. It sounds basically perfect (and this is before you factor in the whole assassian/spy element of the plot).

This one doesn't come out until October but I am already itching to get my hands on a copy so I can read it immediately. 

Expected release date - October 23, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...