Saturday, July 21, 2018

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

BOOKS

The Girls Podcast

Sadie by Courtney Summers is one of the most buzzed about books of the fall season. It's been compared to the wildly popular Serial podcast and is hitting right in the middle of this wave of popularity true crime based media is having right now.


This is, from what I understand, the podcast portion of the novel. The novel has different perspectives and one of them is this podcast that a guy is hosting. I love the idea of getting to hear it as well as reading it as part of the book. It's another way to layer the story. I am lucky enough to have a copy of this and I cannot wait to dive in. The podcast starts August 1st but you can subscribe now at Apple Podcasts or Stitcher.

TV/MOVIE

American Horror Story Season 8 Theme

I always look forward to the theme reveal for the upcoming American Horror Story season. This one is supposed to be a Murder House/Coven crossover and I am so into it.

The official theme is Apocalypse and the first teaser image is TERRIFYING!


Excited that it is starting a little earlier this year. I cannot wait to see what cast members are returning and to learn more about how this image might relate to the plot of the season.

Stranger Things Season 3 Teaser

Anything Stranger Things is immediately going to get me excited and this teaser is no exception. It teases a new location, a new job for everyone's favourite babysitter, and perhaps even a release date for the new season.



I really hope the mention of the new mall opening 'next summer' is not a clue to the release date of the third season. I am already pining for this show to return and another year wait would be rough.

Boy Erased Trailer

The trailers for all of the Oscar bait movies just keep coming. This one looks like it could have some real potential as well.

It filled me with a lot of rage but also made me think about the fact that places this like still exist in parts of the world.


Bohemian Rhapsody Trailer #2

"Ready, Freddie?" I liked the first trailer for Bohemian Rhapsody enough but this second one is incredible. I got chills a few times during this second one. I didn't know a mix of multiple Queen songs was something I wanted but apparently it is.



Goosebumps, right? Rami Malek looks stunning in this and I predict he'll be solid. I am still a little concerned because of all the directing drama that happened during the filming of this but I have a little more faith now that I've seen this trailer. The scene at the very end? You see the thrall Freddie Mercury and Queen put on the audience.

OTHER

Murder With Friends Youtube Show (link)

My friend mentioned this Youtube show to me because of my interest in true crime and I immediately needed to check it out. It's an interesting show that feels like a discuss I would have with my friends.




The quick (most episodes are less than 20 minutes) make them perfect for binge watching. You'll fly through them pretty fast. The good thing is that there are quite a few to catch up on if you're just starting to watch.

One thing to note: They do tend to show crime scene photos during their episodes (with helpful warnings before) so just be aware of that if you do decide to check it out.

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...