Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Waiting On Wednesday ... Daisy Jones and The Six


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid


Here is the Goodreads synopsis 
In 1979, Daisy Jones and The Six split up. Together, they had redefined the 70’s music scene, creating an iconic sound that rocked the world. Apart, they baffled a world that had hung on their every verse.

This book is an attempt to piece together a clear portrait of the band’s rise to fame and their abrupt and infamous split. The following oral history is a compilation of interviews, emails, transcripts, and lyrics, all pertaining to the personal and professional lives of the members of the band The Six and singer Daisy Jones.

While I have aimed for a comprehensive and exhaustive approach, I must acknowledge that full and complete accounts from all parties involved has proved impossible. Some people were easier to track down than others, some were more willing to talk than others, and some, unfortunately, have passed on.

All of which is to say that while this is the first and only authorised account from all represented perspectives, it should be noted that, in matters both big and small, reasonable people disagree.

The truth often lies, unclaimed, in the middle.
Taylor Jenkins Reid's last book had plenty of buzz so I was immediately intrigued when I read the synopsis for this.

I love that this is basically a biography of a fictional band and I am so here for that premise. I hope it is as good as I am imagining it to be.

It releases next March so there is a bit of a wait but it gives me time to read The Seven Husbands Of Evelyn Hugo first!

Expected release date - March 7, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...