Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Waiting On Wednesday ... Loveboat, Taipei


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is Loveboat, Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen



Here is the Goodreads synopsis
For fans of Crazy Rich Asians or Jane Austen Comedy of Manners, with a hint of La La Land

When eighteen-year-old Ever Wong’s parents send her from Ohio to Taiwan to study Mandarin for the summer, she finds herself thrust among the very over-achieving kids her parents have always wanted her to be, including Rick Woo, the Yale-bound prodigy profiled in the Chinese newspapers since they were nine—and her parents’ yardstick for her never-measuring-up life.

Unbeknownst to her parents, however, the program is actually an infamous teen meet-market nicknamed Loveboat, where the kids are more into clubbing than calligraphy and drinking snake-blood sake than touring sacred shrines.

Free for the first time, Ever sets out to break all her parents’ uber-strict rules—but how far can she go before she breaks her own heart?
Those comparisons are enough on their own to make me immediately want to add this to my reading pile. It also happens to have a fantastic sounding premise and a great cover.

I love the twist that this program ends up being something different from what Ever's parents expect and that it sounds like a great set up for a series.

I am already intrigued by Ever and her going off on this journey. I expect some romance, heartbreak, and hopefully a lot of fun that will help chase away the winter blues.

Expected release date - February 4, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...