Sunday, January 12, 2020

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

BOOKS

Cover for The Ravens by Kass Morgan and Danielle Paige (goodreads)

Paranormal, particularly in young adult, is back and I could not be happier. Witches seem to be part of the upcoming trend and I am here for all of it. I am especially looking forward to this modern take on witches set in a sorority.



The colour scheme of this novel is what immediately caught my eye. The splashes of pink on the black fit the witches in a sorority vibe perfectly in my opinion. This one doesn't come out until January of 2021 so we have a bit of a wait but the cover certainly got my attention.

MOVIES/TV

Trailer for Locke and Key

I recently devoured the Locke and Key series and fell in love. It's a story of grief and childhood that plays against a sort of horror backdrop. I was hesitant about the television series after reading it, but the trailer has brought me fully on board.


Bode's casting is PERFECTION and so much of the tone of the story seems to have been captured here. I am cautiously optimistic.

Promising Young Woman Trailer

I have not been able to stop thinking about this trailer since I first saw it. It's smart, biting, and already causing a lot of discussion.


Carey Mulligan looks to be giving a goosebumps giving performance in this and the subject matter could not be more timely.

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...