Thursday, April 23, 2020

Reading During A Pandemic


Most of us are at least a month or more into shelter in place/social distancing/self isolation. I have been working from home for just over a month and have only made trips for essentials (and I have been lucky to get many of those delivered). I thought it might be interesting to  check in and see how everyone is doing reading wise.

I, naively, thought that I would use the extra time I find myself with to read many of the books I have been wanting to get to. I expected that I would be looking for that escape even more now. I was mistaken.

It turns out that being stressed and unable to focus does not lend itself to reading. I am slowly getting into the new routine of my daily life and I have noticed that I am beginning to read more but it is slow going. It is still an adjustment one month in.

I have noticed many of my bookish friends having the same issues as me. Reading slumps that are the by product of a global pandemic. Some are finding it difficult to read certain genres during this and are looking for fluffy feel good reads. Others are embracing the unexpected comfort of reading novels about pandemics. Others may find contemporary reads are feeling a little less realistic in these current times. It is comforting to know that even though it is taking g different forms we are not experiencing it alone.

I am definitely in awe of the people who are reading up a storm and making progress on the never ending tbr pile that we all seem to have.

What about you? What has your reading experience been like during this pandemic? Any tips that you find helped you out of your Covid19 reading slump? Are you reading more now than ever before? Let me know in the comments. I am looking forward to reading about everyone's experiences.

Stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...