Thursday, March 25, 2021

Mouthful of Forevers by Clementine von Radics

 


Mouthful of Forevers by Clementine von Radics
Release Date - April 7, 2015 
Publisher Website - Andrews McMeel Publishing
Publisher Social Media - Twitter
Pages - 115 pages
My Rating - 5/5
**borrowed from a friend**
Twelve Books/Twelve Friends Selection

Here is the Goodreads synopsis
Titled after the poem that burned up on Tumblr and has inspired wedding vows, paintings, songs, YouTube videos, and even tattoos among its fans, Mouthful of Forevers brings the first substantial collection of this gifted young poet’s work to the public.

Clementine von Radics writes of love, loss, and the uncertainties and beauties of life with a ravishing poetic voice and piercing bravura that speak directly not only to the sensibility of her generation, but to anyone who has ever been young.
My Twelve Friends/ Twelve Books reading challenge has certainly been expanding my reading horizons. None have expanded it quite the same way this poetry collection has. 

I do not usually read poetry. It is not that I don't like it but it is not something I instinctively gravitate toward. Out of all the books recommended to me by friends I was most curious about this one because it is not something I typically read. This has showcased that I should definitely search more out because I loved every minute of reading this collection.

This book is filled with beautifully written poems that touch you in various ways. Some are bittersweet reflections on lost loves. Some are gut punches that deal with trauma and heartbreak. Some are wistful and contemplative. All linger and stay with you. I started noting the titles of the poems I enjoyed the most to keep track and it got to the point I was adding all of them to my list. There is easily at least one line from each poem that is worthy of being highlighted. 

There are plenty of poems about one within these pages but there are just as many that cover other topics. There are poems that touch on disability and others that deal with loss. It offers a diverse breadth of topics even though they all deal with topics of the heart.

If you, like me, don't read as much poetry as you should I recommend starting to change that with this collection. I am going to go ahead and assume that if poetry is already a staple for you that you are already familiar with von Radics and their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...