Thursday, March 4, 2021

Secret Movie Club: Movie #2 and 3


I have not been the best at giving updates about the Secret Movie Club that I joined. We are five movies in now and I have only talked about one (I'm Your Woman). 

I am going to talk about the second and third movie choices and will have a post next week for the fourth and fifth choices.

The second selection was Herself. A movie about a woman who leaves her abusive husband only to have to deal with a broken housing system. She ends up building her own home and starts to rebuild her life in the process.

Claire Dunne gives a decent performance in an otherwise just okay movie. This felt like a lot of other movies I have seen and doesn't really offer anything new about an important subject matter.

It is worth a watch if it catches your interest but is not one I would consider particularly memorable. 

You can check out Herself on Amazon Prime Video.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The third movie selection was Minari. A charming movie about a Korean American family pursuing their version of the American dream by starting a farm in Kansas.

The star of the show is the Alan Kim as the adorably precocious David. He is the heart of this movie in so many ways. The scenes between David and his grandmother are some of the funniest and memorable in the movie. Steven Yuen also delivers an incredible performance in a movie with a overall impressive cast.

It is a charming movie that focuses on the family bonds and the experience they share. It feels like a very American story that looks at the triumphs and struggles of chasing your dream.

You can check out Minari in theatres and via Premium Video On Demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...