Monday, October 4, 2021

Monthly TBR and Wrap Up

It's spooky season! October through December is my favourite time of year. Normally it's also when I read the most. 

The training I am doing is definitely impacting my reading. It's hopefully coming to an end in the next few weeks so hopefully I'll have more reading time soon.

Before I talk about what I hope to read in October, I have to recap September first.

The books that were on my list are:

It Happened One Summer by Tessa Bailey (goodreads)
Movie Star by Lizzie Pepper by Hilary Liftin (goodreads)

Plus I had some ebooks on my list:

56 Days by Catherine Ryan Howard (goodreads)
All These Bodies by Kendare Blake (goodreads)
The Woods Are Always Watching by Stephanie Perkins (goodreads)
White Smoke by Tiffany D Jackson (goodreads)

Here is what I managed to read in August:

Neon Gods by Katee Roberts (goodreads)
White Smoke by Tiffany D Jackson (goodreads)
All These Bodies by Kendare Blake (goodreads)

I only managed to read three books this month, mostly because of my work schedule. It's not conductive to reading at all. How do you fit in more reading time when life stuff gets really busy? I am very curious so please let me know in the comments.
 
My #PopCultureResolution book for September was Pretty Little Wife which I just got from the library. The movie was Rosemary's Baby. I'll be reviewing the movie later this week.

Here is what I hope to read in October:



Gilded Cage by Camilla Lackberg (goodreads)
One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid (goodreads)

I also have some ebooks I am hoping to get to:



56 Days by Catherine Ryan Howard (goodreads)
Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi (goodreads)
Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston (goodreads)
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (goodreads)

My #PopCultureResolution picks for this month are Goodnight Beautiful by Aimee Malloy and Halloween (new version). I am very excited for both of these!

Next up is an update on my two reading challenges:

October's pick for my '12 friends, 12 books' reading challenge is  Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston so I'll be getting to that at some point this month. I am VERY behind so this month is all about catching up. I hope to read 3 books from this list.

Jan - The Seven Husband's of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Kelly)

Feb - 
The Birthday List by Deveny Perry (Emilie)

Mar - Mouthful of Forevers by Clementine Von Radics (Ciara)

April - Marriage for One by Ella Maise (Katie)

May - Written In The Stars by Alexandria Bellefleur (Christy)

June -  The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M Danforth (Christa)

July - The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (Jess)

August -  The Grace Year by Kim Leggitt (Christa)

Sept - Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi (Meaghan)

Oct -   Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston (Katrina)

Nov - Give Me Your Hand by Megan Abbott (Kim)

Dec - Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney (Julia)

As for the reading challenge inspired by The Bachelor I have nothing to scratch off my list. Hopefully next month.

1. Happily Ever Afters by Elise Bryant
2. If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy
3. Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli
4. Further to Fall by Catherine Cowles
5. One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston
6. Isn't it Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams
7. My Favorite Souvenir by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland
8. Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli
9. Marriage for One by Ella Maise
10. Exit Plans for Teenage Freaks by Nathan Burgoine
11. Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard
12. Open Book by Jessica Simpson
13. Isn't it Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams

What books are you reading this month? Have you read any of the ones on my list? If so, let me know what you thought in the comments.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...