Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Marry Me by Bobby Crosby

 


Marry Me by Bobby Crosby
Release Date - October 20, 2010
Publisher Website - Keenspot
Publisher Social Media - Twitter
Pages - 27 pages
My Rating - 3/5
**Own**

Here is the Goodreads synopsis
The question goes POP in this spectacular first issue!
Stasia Tyler is your everyday, ordinary, world-famous pop star, frustrated with her love life and on the verge of a nervous breakdown. One night at a concert in Oklahoma she shocks the world by accepting the proposal of a random audience member holding a 'Marry Me' sign, forever changing the life of a high school guidance counselor named Guy.

I have been dipping my toe in to graphic novels and this one has a fun, quirky premise. A pop star who is disillusioned with her romantic life and decides, on a whim, to marry a man in the audience.

This review is going to be short and sweet which is kind of like this graphic novel. At 27 pages this is a super fast read that doesn't really leave a lot to discuss or dissect. 

The art style is fun and bright which matches the plot's tone. They work together to create something that is a fast and fluffy read. It isn't something I found myself lingering over while I was reading but it is a great fit for the story being told.

This is not big on character development, st least not in this first volume, and so I did not find myself invested in the characters. I also found the plot pretty surface level. I cannot say that it remains that way as the story progresses but there was not a lot in here that was pulling me back in. 

There are a few moments in which the sparks between the two main characters are felt. These little moments make me think that the romance could be the element that worked for me as the story progresses. I love that this is a story of them getting to know each other and wish that had been explored even more. It was one of the bright spots in this.

There is a great premise here for a rom-com movie and you can see why it was adapted. I think that it, for me, perhaps worked better as a film. That medium allowed for the story to connect a little better.

If you are looking for something that you can easily consume in an afternoon and want it to be a light read without a lot of commitment this fits the bill. It isn't something that will leave you thinking about it after you finish but is certain enjoyable for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...